Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Clearsonic Accoustic Panels  (Read 4329 times)

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Clearsonic Accoustic Panels
« on: May 31, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »
About a month ago, I was watching a great sounding band that had the dance floor jumping... The guitar player was having a good 'ol time playing, his tone was good, and the volume level was even better.  Then I noticed he had a plexiglass shield in front of his amp as well as the drummer being practically encased by them as well.... While doing some research, I also found artists like Joe Bonamassa and Kenny Wayne Shepherd also use those plexiglass shields on stage to keep the stage volume down, while keeping the tube amp up to its saturated tone level.  My first thought was to make my own, but to get the thickness and hardware I wanted, it would of cost around $100.  Checking around on line, I found Sweetwater carried the ClearSonic panel system for $98 shipped... I attempted to go directly to Clearsonic based out of Columbus Ohio, but they were $116 plus shipping... The system I bought contains four panels and hinges, each panel being 1' wide and 2' tall at 1/4" thick... It should wrap nearly all the way around my amp.  If its as good as they say, I'll be able to crank up my amp and not piss anyone off in the band or at the venue... Here's to wishful thinking and the possibility of some great saturated tube tones!

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Clearsonic Accoustic Panels
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 02:20:27 AM »
I'm interested to hear how you like these. I've been contemplating getting something like that some day.

I suspect almost any kind of wooden board would block the sound well enough, but see-through is cool! :)

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:57:02 AM »
Specific weight play's the biggest role. Heavier the material, better reflection, ie. less sound pass to the other side.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 10:44:57 PM »
Got it in... It's nothing but 1/4" plexiglass.  Not much more than that... I suspect you can make it from supplies at your local home center store...