Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Guitar Companion App for Android  (Read 6897 times)

James Chin

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
Guitar Companion App for Android
« on: December 20, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I'm a guitarist and a software developer. I'd like to share an Android app I developed for practicing guitarists, called Mozart's Friend.

Mozart's Friend includes an interactive music library with over 1,200 scales, modes and chords for every music key signature, complete with piano view and neck view for 6, 7 or 8-string guitar and 4, 5 or 6-string bass. Notes and intervals are labeled using music theory conventions, making Mozart's Friend a great companion for the composer or music student. One-touch audio demonstrations provide interactive ear training. Tunings for each instrument are fully user-definable.

Also included is a chromatic tuner and a programmable metronome with adjustable tones and intervallic beats, allowing you to quickly outline a chord to play along with. Transpose keys easily in a single swipe.

And finally, a one-touch backup band! The new Jam Tracks feature allows you to simply choose your musical style and you're up and running. Adjust the tempo and key with the friendly controls.

Mozart's Friend does not save nor send any user information, contains no ads and is absolutely Free.

Cheers,

-James

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jameschin.android.mozartsfriend

creekster52

• View Profile
Re: Guitar Companion App for Android
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 02:52:54 PM »
No demo? Android only?   :(

James Chin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »
Android only at this time

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 09:14:28 AM »
How do I use tuner? Is it for direct via cable only? Mic seam to be inactive?

James Chin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 06:38:46 PM »
Vladan - the tuner is automatically listening when in tuner mode. Normally, if you hum, whistle, or strum a note, it should pick right up.

There are some devices that are not currently compatible in tuner mode. Can I ask what device you are running on and what country?

Vladan

• High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 07:07:25 PM »
I use Zopo C2 (ZP980), chinese thing (Android 4.2.1, quad core, ...). Country is Serbia, but why would that be relevant? Google Play said it was compatible.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 09:55:53 PM »
If there was a guitar interface app like amplitude or Ampkit for android, I'd never use an Apple device again...

Vladan

• High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 07:55:39 AM »
Android has OS unsolvable issue of latency. When I plug guitar into iPhone, I can play it just like that, except for crackling noise. Not so with Android. There's always 1/2 second delay. No noise and crackling, though.
My plain Chinese Android is better in processing power, memory, ... whatever. iPhone however, has ultra cool and nice aluminum housing, and apps are much more customized and tweaked to give an impression of standalone hardware device. My own impressions, of course.

James Chin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »
I use Zopo C2 (ZP980), chinese thing (Android 4.2.1, quad core, ...). Country is Serbia, but why would that be relevant? Google Play said it was compatible.

Because there are over 5,000 Android device models to cover and the truth is they all behave a little differently. Sometimes the API tools provided to us developers that are "guaranteed to work" in actuality do not work on some devices.

Since I can't go tell Zopo to rebuild their phone or fix it, the only option as a developer is to find another solution or a workaround.

I asked about country since Locale can be a factor sometimes.

Just gathering information to see if I can help!

Vladan

• High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 02:22:04 AM »
Thank's man. App is really good. I use other tuner anyway, so as functional as it is, I use your app at full capacity of my needs. Great job.

James Chin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 10:32:03 PM »
You're welcome and thank you!