Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Input Time! "Question of the day".  (Read 4402 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Input Time! "Question of the day".
« on: July 12, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »
Hello folks and welcome to another installment of input time! Today (7/12/2014), I will ask a question in reference to the world most of us participate in......the musical world. Now, many (if not all) of you watch You Tube videos from time to time and there can be some helpful information found there. However for the life of me, I cannot find the significance in makin' a video involving the un-boxing of a guitar, amp or piece of gear etc............y'know what I mean? AN UN-BOXING VIDEO!!!!! I for have never seen (or read about) anybody posing this question before in any forums (of course I no longer care 'bout any other forums either), but I was just curious. Hmmmmm :P !

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Input Time! "Question of the day".
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 01:16:12 AM »
Like watching paint dry.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »
Like watching paint dry.

Hah! Couldn't agree more! ;D 

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »
there are more people in the world than i ever thought who 'get no acceptance' from the people around them. i didn't used to understand this at all. now, i think i get what's going on a little bit.

at some point, i got to thinking about 'here we are, in a universe of a size that we cannot truly imagine.  this makes us, relatively, smaller than piss ants or gnats'. every time there is a big tornado, a hurricane, an earthquakce...we get to see what nature really thinks of us, and it aint pretty.  the more i thought about this, the more i realized....these shows that the physics guys have on tv...people watch them and if they think about it at all, they realize 'nobody knows anything; all this stuff around me is made up bs; what in heck can i cling to that'll make me feel good or not feel at all?'. consequently, there are a lot of insecure people trying to look secure, but they are not.  the nastiest boss i ever had was so insecure, he'd try to drag you down with him.

so, these guys who are unboxing guitars, the girls on butt book who tell everyone what a great lady they are or show off their new ____, most of the people on tv....they are craving acceptance and belonging....ANY acceptance...that they can get from ANYONE.  they have not reached the point where some of us are, where we don't give a $1-1it.  it takes swallowing just a big wad of non-acceptance to realize...acceptance is not all it's cracked up to be, anyway. belonging in most cases is only temporary.  look at how many bands become 'one hit wonders', or 'one album wonders'.  this kind of thing is all over the place.  hanna montana...what will she do next to 'be accepted'?  aint much further to go, is there?

let the river flow and the logs wash by.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 02:46:15 PM »
Y'know........after more thought, I figured maybe I was a bit closed minded. I need to look at the BIG picture. This is clearly an indication of the world we live in today! Yeah, that's it! :P  NOW I know! A special thanks to the box opening "Pros" and enthusiasts everywhere! Be careful of staples and paper cuts! ::)

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 10:45:54 PM »
nah, not close minded...but the pedantry or whatever word fits that level of youtubing, is really...uh....like watching grass grow or paint dry? maybe there is some meditative quality i'm not seeing in 'box opening and filming it'.  somewhere, there is a group of people panting and salavering to see 'who opens what box next??? what will be in it??? i can hardly wait!'. must be some level of spirituality that i don't get in opening boxes on oOotube. then again, it's possible that box opening is so dangerous, they can't get insurance, and so are trying to make safety films...'kids! don't try this at home!' but have not thought out the words they need-no plan, no goal...just not enough thought into wielding that box cutter.

'to box or not to box. that is the question....'

i got it....

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/8202-most-men-lead-lives-of-quiet-desperation-and-go-to

if those guys with the boxes would only do what the guys with trash cans did, or 'blue man group' and their pvc pipe playing, we'd see the songs come right out, i bet.

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 04:31:53 AM »
Well, I think I remember some moments when I actually enjoyed watching paint dry.

Unboxing gadgets,... no, not really.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 09:33:57 PM »
I love on boxing new stuff, but videoing it doesn't excite anyone.