Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: New V picks  (Read 6906 times)

sven

• View Profile
New V picks
« on: November 04, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »
I finally broke down and bought a couple of the V picks to try out.  They take a little getting used to, and yet, my playing instantly was more effortless.  They help keep me relaxed and still give good articulation and fat tone with a bright edge to it.  Your resutls may vary and the jury is still out for me.  However, my early impression is very favorable.

The ones I got were the medium pointed ones.  They're called pearly something or other.  He also sent me a sample of their standard flagship pick with rounded edges.  I can't get enough pluck from super rounded edges so that one didn't work for me.

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: New V picks
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:23:22 AM »
Where do you get 'em from? Are they like those Red Bear, high dollar picks? Like anything that's worth something, you gonna pay out the kazots for it.

sven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »
These are 5 bucks a peice.  Not cheap, especially if you lose a lot of picks like I do.  I'm trying to be more careful with them. 

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 03:05:14 PM »
These are 5 bucks a peice.  Not cheap, especially if you lose a lot of picks like I do.  I'm trying to be more careful with them.

Five bucks is better than twenty. :o

Savvy Sam

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 10:39:47 PM »
Yes, at Robert's suggestion I tried the "V-Pick Dimension Un-Buffed".

Paid 13 bucks to order it from they're website and haven't looked back since! The attack of this pick is almost effortless. Arpeggios are so much easier to play with this thing it's unbelievable. I also found afterward that my local music store stocks v-picks but didn't carry the Dimension, yet.

I was skeptical about this pick but am so glad I tried it  8)

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 11:15:54 PM »
Cool guys!  :D

I love my V-picks! I used the Dimension and the medium rounded. I have some glow-in-the-dark ones too, which are great for using on stage.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 08:39:23 PM »
Well, after you guys' testimonial, I decided to try 'em. I ordered the "rounded" medium picks. I'm curious to see (and feel) the difference between what I'm using now(Fender medium) compared to the V-Picks.

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 10:40:08 PM »
I've been using F-1 picks for the past few years for the comfort factor, and because I kept dropping standard picks. I am an older player and my hands lose their grip sometimes with regular thin picks.

http://www.f1pick.com/

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 02:49:50 PM »
I've been wanting to try them, but I still haven't been willing to fork over the dough for something I haven't tried yet....