Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: How to become the guitar player you want to be  (Read 4168 times)

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
How to become the guitar player you want to be
« on: March 18, 2015, 10:14:44 AM »
What do YOU want to learn?

How to become the guitar player you want to be! Learning guitar is a big task, so I am asking for your feedback on this page.

Please submit your reply. This will help me better understand what you want to learn on the guitar. In turn, I will be able to create better lessons.

Submit your answer here:

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/blog/how-to-become-the-guitar-player-you-want-to-be.php

reb

• View Profile
Re: How to become the guitar player you want to be
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »
robert, i don't do blogs or questionnaires...whatever they call 'em. have a limited focus, and a variable plan.

i want to make music that pleases me...i don't care if it is on guitar, spoons, trash cans or wall board. of course, having played the guitar for 50+ years, it is nearest and dearest to my heart, but it is no longer 'the only instrument'. 

at one point, i had the foolish i dea i wanted to be able to read score...i took a couple months' worth of lessons. turned out the guy who was 'teaching' had no intention of teaching me score. i looked at it and said 'a waste of my time; what i want to do is make music that pleases me...' and i have not had any regrets that i can't read score or am not the 'hottest set of shred fingers in the world'.  the dawning idea was 'the notes on paper are NOT the music.'. i don't want to play OTHER peoples' music... just dgas no more 'bout that.

there are likely a few out there who are driven to be a guitar hero or heroine....but mainly, there are a lot of people just trying to survive. dunno if this helps, but it's all i got. in sum, you may have a very limited market, but i am not the greatest barometer of the musician market, either.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 04:33:12 PM »
I've gone about as far as I care to be. My bad guitar habits are ingrained in my head and fingers. Same goes for my keyboard work. I got enough to get by with. It's carried me this far. There have been some things (techniques) I wanted to learn, but had to figure out for myself because I don't know the proper name for them. Because of that I don't know what to ask for. Kinda leaves ya sorta helpless.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 12:16:12 PM »
haha, that's ok!

hillbilly US joe

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 02:16:47 AM »
I don't know if you have already since I'm not yet a premium subscriber, but do you have a course on finger picking.  That would be something I'm interested.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 04:28:49 PM »
Not so much finger picking lessons yet - it's not my usual style but I'll create some of those lessons too some day.