Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Fender Classic Players 50's Stratocaster  (Read 3436 times)

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fender Classic Players 50's Stratocaster
« on: June 22, 2015, 06:22:41 PM »
Just placed an order for a new Fender CP 50's Stratocaster...

It's a Custom Shop designed Stratocaster made in Mexico..

Special features include:
Fender Custom Shop Vintage 57/62 Pickups
Two Point Trem
Locking Tuners (special ones that resemble vintage tuners)
9.5" Radius, but in a soft V profile.
Five Way Switch

To me, it's the best of both worlds between a vintage design and modern amenities....

Thoughts?

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Fender Classic Players 50's Stratocaster
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:49:17 PM »
That's what I thought of it. Being a mix of old and new so to speak. Lookin' back to 2012 I started to get one, but opted for an American Standard at th' time. Wish I got that one instead. Probably would still have it.....who knows? I have a 2010 Mexican Standard Strat now, but I made it my own if ya know what I mean.

Hey, didn't you had a CP 60's Strat at one time? Didn't that one have like uh.......custom '69 pickups, C neck profile , 12" radius or somethin' like that?

Anyway, I think those are fine axes.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 12:10:03 PM »
That's what I thought of it. Being a mix of old and new so to speak. Lookin' back to 2012 I started to get one, but opted for an American Standard at th' time. Wish I got that one instead. Probably would still have it.....who knows? I have a 2010 Mexican Standard Strat now, but I made it my own if ya know what I mean.

Hey, didn't you had a CP 60's Strat at one time? Didn't that one have like uh.......custom '69 pickups, C neck profile , 12" radius or somethin' like that?

Anyway, I think those are fine axes.

I did have the CP 60's... Let it go because it wasn't an American Standard.  However, I sold it for a couple hundred more than I paid for it (the shop took it in as a regular MIM Strat and priced it used at $300).  I sold it for over $500 and only paid $500 for the American Standard I bought.

My only issue with the Classic 60's was the pickups.  They were such a low output, I could not get any bite out of them.  The Classic Series 50's I had once sounded much better.  But its 7.25" radius didn't agree with me.  Sold it to a friend in exchange for an amp, i think it was a handwired clone of a 1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »
Cool, that sounds like an interesting Strat. It's crazy how many models of Strats have been made over the years... variations on a good theme! Ha!

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 02:46:39 PM »
Yeah, I don't care for th' 7.25 radius either. Back when I was shoppin' Strats I'd get those two confused (Classic '60s and th' Classic PLAYER '60s Strats), but I learned they are two entirely different animals.

Yeah Robert, it's STILL crazy all th' many models of Strats out there. Hell, you got yer Modern player, Standard, Deluxe players, Classic series, Lone Star, Road Worn, Classic player, American Special, American Standard, American Deluxe, American Vintage, Limited Editions,  Signature models, a rack of Custom Shop stuff and anything else I left out. And that's just the Fender BRAND. ::)

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 02:18:38 PM »
I bought a Classic Series 60's instead... I didn't like the pickups nor the frets.... So I sent it back...