Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: creeps online  (Read 2165 times)

reb

• View Profile
creeps online
« on: December 25, 2016, 06:02:15 PM »
i want to tell you guys...i deleted all the tracks from my soundcloud account. if i could find the right button, i'd delete the account 'in total' with any mention of user # or whatever else.

why? i have had two messages in the last month wanting me to enter into a 'music contest'. when i look at the url 'they' sent, it looks weird...and anyway, i don't WANT in any music contest. 'sides, i am not going to put up with any 'online bs'.  as far as i am concerned, if it wasn't for this site and a few of you guys, a couple of friends who i keep in contact with and my cousin, i would pour diesel on this computer and light it. this digital stuff is 'not real life'-it's like 'the emperor's new clothes'. i live in meat world. i'm ok with that. i have an axe and a 5 foot timber saw....and i'm keepin' em. if the digital idiocy gets much worse, my cousin and the rest will have to re-learn to write letters longhand (remember the parker method? hahaha. i doubt you do....)

it used to be, you wanted to steal something, you had to take your little popgun, put on a bandanna, go take a chance on someone loading yer a$$ with buckshot or maybe getting your neck stretched in public. now, punks of every stripe try to swipe 'digital data' and seem to rarely get what they deserve...spread eagled on a wagon wheel and 50 lashes with a bullwhip. if we went back to that, then a lot of this bs would cease.  ol' duterte has got the right idea....i bet the drug peddlers are walking on eggshells in the phillipines.

sorry for any inconvenience...although i doubt it's a big deal to anyone.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: creeps online
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:06:02 PM »
Don't burn anything! Instead, learn how to prevent people from contacting you through these sites. See http://youraccount.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2159196-blocking-other-users

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »
thanks, robert.  i still have a soundclick account with songs posted on it. i've never had any kind of strange messages at soundclick.

the 'security features' at soundcloud, man, i couldn't find anything. i dug thru the help menus, looked for a way to report the 'user'-the first phisher was 'banned' for some reason. the second phisher resurrected the exact wording of the first ones attempt. i simply don't feel like dealing with bozos online-i had enough of 'em in real life, so maybe i've just reached my limit with bs.

for that matter, last night it might've been my computer hookup, as i tried to list a guitar on reverb.com, and the listing didn't take.  'country internet' don't always work so good.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 12:05:47 PM »
Look under the privacy settings - you can set it so that only people that YOU follow will be able to send you messages.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 12:33:41 PM »
ah, geez...i don't even remember 'privacy settings', robert! thanks, though.

truthfully, i have been too busy with cutting down a tree in the fenceline to think about soundcloud...the greenbriar  all around the thing i had to cut out so i could even get in with an axe to chop the sucker was a challenge yesterday.

a productive and excellent New Year to all who post and read here!

robert, i appreciate the info you sent me. i dug around in soundcloud and finally found 'privacy'.  they don't make it easy to block or restrict comments or whatever-lots of sub menus....but i re-posted 56.  the only reason i post music on any of these sites is to share my enjoyment at recording; if some joker is going to try to phish me, i'm not gonna post anything. i don't need a bunch of crap from some bozo in a basement who ought to be put digging ditches so he/she would be too tired to irritate other people online. anyway...thanks again for the advice!

Vladan, i hope if you got something to say, you post it here. i'm not even going to look at messages on soundcloud any longer. best to ya!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:29:57 PM by reb »