Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Rental Equipment  (Read 4576 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Rental Equipment
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »
Here's a thread folks that do (or did) travel and gig on a regular basis and play large venues. Did anybody ever had the opportunity to use rental gear instead of your own? How well did you adapt? How long did you have to tweak to get your tone? If you were in a opening band for a big time act, you probably didn't have much time. Even though I don't gig any longer, I was just wondering. I recall back in the days when I encountered this situation. This dude (stage crew) pointed me in the direction of a Fender Twin Reverb. I was unprepared big time! ??? It was bitter sweet. But if you know those, they have TONS of clean headroom! I had my Deluxe Reverb with me at the time. Different animal! Needless to say, I used my Deluxe. The house had the PA so I was gonna have a mic in front of my gear anyway. Didn't have any "tweak" time. Many times opening bands are rushed on and off.

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Rental Equipment
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »
Hmmm..... nobody? Just wonderin'!

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »
Sorry, never knew many traveling bands. I heard BB King state in an old interview about renting Fender Twins wherever he travelled.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:13:33 PM by DetroitBlues »

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 03:13:02 PM »
I always bring my own amp and guitar gear, but we have to rent PAs often. It's rare that we get a really good one. Rental PAs are mostly P.O.S. :)