Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Pregnancy from rape 'something God intended'?  (Read 4631 times)

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Pregnancy from rape 'something God intended'?
« on: October 24, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »
GOP Senate candidate Mourdock:

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen," Mourdock said.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/mourdock-god-rape-causes-pregnancy-031226142.html

???

reb

• View Profile
Re: Pregnancy from rape 'something God intended'?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:45:09 PM »
i have been reading a  Michael Crichton novel 'next'; in it, one of the main characters puts forth that 'god intended for man to do genetic studies, else why would we have the capability?'.

so, the end justifies god's intentions.

bullshit. no man knows the mind of god, or even if there IS a god.  this is why i'm sick of preachers and all other moralizers, including those who say we must feed the hungry, save the planet, be 'good' (always someone else's definition). just bull.  if pregnancy from rape is 'god's intention', then murder by baseball bat must also be of the rapist. who needs laws, morals and philosophy? :) situational morals, easy thinking...easy doing.. we have come to the debauchery of our species and we know not how to proceed, although some other soul with an axe to grind will tell us what to do if we'll but listen.

robert,  you might look up the song 'God is great, beer is good and people are crazy'. i find myself agreeing greatly with the words.

...i wish i still had the links from Crichton's book. one guy genetically altered a rabbit to glow neon green...nuts!

VikingBlues

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:35:57 AM »
I keep thinking I won't be surprised at the BS spoutings of politicians - y'know I think I must have heard it ALL by now. Then another utterance takes my breath away.

Of course in the UK we had a prime minister who seemed to think a quick chat with God before making major decisions was a better way of making a decision than consulting with his cabinet.

Though should we be surprised at anything coming from politicians? As per Frank Zappa - "Government is the Entertainment Division of the Industrial-Military complex". Are all these gaffes and mistakes and scandals just to distract us all?

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »
He must have started Sunday school at an early age and been brainwashed into believing what he just said.