Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Bought a tubescreamer  (Read 7024 times)

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Bought a tubescreamer
« on: November 28, 2012, 11:05:37 AM »
Can you imagine, I have NEVER had a tubescreamer. Yeah, sounds weird doesn't it?

Well I have similar pedals, but I actually never had an Ibanez Tubescreamer, so I bought one yesterday. Not that I MUST use one, but I figure I should have one. It's the most common pedal for blues players I bet, so I can do videos in the future with it and people will not have to wonder how to get one, since they are readily available.

I got a cool version though - the 30th anniversary. It just looks different, it's got the same guts as a regular TS-9.

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Bought a tubescreamer
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 11:34:31 AM »
Those look cool compared to the regular ones. I must admit I also have never had one of those either. Not even the TS-808.

Memory Lane Jr

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »
I have one of these Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP6GUQRzWjU

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 03:21:04 PM »
I have a Bad Monkey. Closest I'll ever come to owning one...

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 01:29:17 PM »
not trying to make anyone sick, but i have a tubescreamer i put in a garage sale for $50 (i think it's a TS9). i still have it....didn't trip my trigger. it was in a box with a boss flanger, an sd1, a couple other boss pedals...only sold one pedal out of the batch. still have a ds1, the sd1 and a couple others. the wiring between separate pedals has let me down a few times live...i get fed up with things that fail.

on an unrelated point, robert, i tried to sell a vox vt80+ for $185...and then i got to playing it at the garage sale, and took it 'off sale'. robert, the vox is 'you fault' (no real fault there-dang good amplifier). i read a recommendation you posted a couple years ago re: valvetronix sounding pretty good, bought one, and after i played it at the garage sale, i wondered why i was trying to sell it...:) i noticed it has a headphone out; i can use that to plug into my mixer for recording...i was temporarily crazy, i think. i think i could sell all my pedals except for 'double delays' and use a valvetronix and be pretty well covered.

i hope you enjoy your screamer.

VikingBlues

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 04:18:44 PM »
I did have a tubescreamer - can't remember which model but one of the cheaper ones. Like Reb says "it didn't trip my trigger". I suspect the fault was mine because I enjoy the sounds made by others with the tubescreamer.

Good luck with yours Robert. You definitley have the skills to get good sounds from it.

I've lost track of the number of overdrive pedals I've had over the years - well into double figures - I don't want to think how much that lot cost! Seem to have settled finally on two that do a job that suits me - a Palmer Overdrive (German - has a control that mixes clean guitar signal with overdriven) and a Fulltone Fulldrive Mosfet 2. Hopefully they'll keep tripping my trigger for many years.