Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: the government just did something today to piss off a lot of people  (Read 5963 times)

pictoratus

• View Profile
Re: the government just did something today to piss off a lot of people
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 09:41:22 PM »
Not saying I support piracy/counterfeiting but it makes me a little nervous when the Government starts seizing assets or property without due process.

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 08:00:57 PM »
Not saying I support piracy/counterfeiting but it makes me a little nervous when the Government starts seizing assets or property without due process.

did you not know that is standard practice in the "war on drugs"?  it's one of our government's biggest cash cows. the best part is, the assetts are sold off to create slush funds that finance things people would rather not know about, let alone spend money for.  this is also the biggest reason they will never "legalize it"  the taxes raised by selling it would be a tiny fraction of the revenues generated by prosecuting insignificant drug offenders.

here is a riddle for you:

what gov agency walks hand in hand with the FBI, DEA and the ATF, has no one appointed to police their actions, are allowed to revue themselves instead of being reviewed independantly, and are the originators of illegal/unconstitutional search and seizure, and also the only part of the judicial branch of government where due process is not followed, and all accused are presumed guilty and must prove innocence?

if you guessed the IRS,  you may have a cookie.
if you're canadian and think this scenario doesn't apply to you because the equivalent gov agencies have different names,  put yourself in a headlock, and wrestle yourself to the ground
 :o

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »
what gov agency walks hand in hand with the FBI, DEA and the ATF, has no one appointed to police their actions, are allowed to revue themselves instead of being reviewed independantly, and are the originators of illegal/unconstitutional search and seizure, and also the only part of the judicial branch of government where due process is not followed, and all accused are presumed guilty and must prove innocence?

That is just plain wrong.  >:(

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
i agree.  worse still is, i only generalized.  if you look it up, the details will show you much worse, and quite frequently.