Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: POD HD 500 QUESTION  (Read 5611 times)

johannes.maas

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
POD HD 500 QUESTION
« on: January 05, 2013, 05:11:06 AM »
I have a question in regards of the POD HD 500 from Line 6.

My current multi fx unit - a Boss ME 70 - was just used for recording.
It is not possible to use the 4 cable method so I did not want to place it in front of the
amp without being able to use the amp models.

I just figured out that it is really great to use it directly into the FX Return of my amp.
I saw a video yesterday in which someone used the exact same amp so I tried it out - sound is really great
and I can use all effects and amp models of my ME 70 without usind the preamp section of my BOGNER AMP.
(OK I cannot use the Preamp of the Bogner and dont get the amps distortion / gain sound - it has just a parallel fx loop so
I still cannot use the 4 cable method to implement the preamp section of the amp into the setup).

I may get another amp with a serial loop so then I will have all the options.

Now my question: My BOSS ME 70 has one effect, that converts the humbucker sound of my guitar into a single coil sound
and believe me - this is a great feature for clean parts that would normally be played by a strat type of guitar.

Does the POD HD 500 have such an effect?

This is really important for me because I like to have a  less output and thinner sound when it comes to clean parts.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: POD HD 500 QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:26:30 AM »
Not sure what effect that would be. To my knowledge, the HD500 does not have that.

johannes.maas

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 02:01:19 PM »
Checked the Manual and came to the same conclusion. Will use my me
60 for that fx and use the hd500 otherwise. Both into Fx Return of my Bogner with a A/B Input Switch...

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:07:25 AM »
I don't know about Line 6, but Digitech RP series has that single coil/humbucker option... I just prefer to have a two guitars that have them