Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: D'Addario Strings  (Read 9165 times)

pictoratus

• View Profile
D'Addario Strings
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:11:08 PM »
I found a cool article about D'Addario and their string factory. It's a pretty interesting read.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/blog/2010/factory-tour-daddario-strings/

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: D'Addario Strings
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:09:06 AM »
Great article.  Makes me want to buy D'Addario strings because they're actually made in the U.S.!

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:02:21 PM »
The last couple of sets I put on my Peavey were D'Addarios. Pretty decent strings and I got them off eBay for a nice price.  ;)

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 07:50:05 PM »
it's the best string available in my area, but i really prefer gibson nickle plated strings, the vintage re-issue ones, #9/46.

the d'addarios aren't bad though, i'm not complaining.

Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
I switched from D'Addario to Elixirs. The tone is amazing, and the coated ones last longer than the D'ddario coated strings.  I put them on my Alvarez acoustic guitar that is not a solid top and someone at festival told me it was as good as a Martin.  I put them on my mandolin...great tone, and 3 months later at camp jam the strings were still going strong having been played everyday.  I put them on my electric and have had them on 6 months of playing just about every day...but they do need to be changed now...Gotta get to this before I play out again. I'd say they were good for 4 1/2 to 5 months tone wise-playing 4 to 6 hours a day...I haven't played in public for the last month and have lost tone...but they lasted a long long time! The extra dollar I pay for them is well worth it! If you break a lot of strings though it might be problematic.

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »
I've said it before...I love Elixir strings because they feel almost "played-in" right out of the box, and they last so long. They are very finger friendly.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 10:06:25 PM »
There are several string companies I like, but mostly it comes down to what brands I've heard of and which are the cheapest on sale.  Some guitarist change their strings weekly, so a set of strings once or twice a month is fine with me.