Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: NAD Orange DT30 and Cab  (Read 6524 times)

Scratch N Sniff

• View Profile
NAD Orange DT30 and Cab
« on: May 16, 2013, 10:00:53 AM »
Picked up a Orange Dual Terror 30 watt and an Orange PPC 4x10. Anybody used one of these?
Not really used it in anger yet, I will have to wait till Monday at practice. But at low level volumes it sounds great.
I've been looking for a simpler amp for gigging than the Marshall JVM for a while, so when the offer of this came up I jumped on it. The only down side is, it hasn't got an effects loop, which I think I can probably cope with, but would be nice to have.

creekster52

• View Profile
Re: NAD Orange DT30 and Cab
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »
Heck, I didn't even know what an effects loop was for until about 10 years ago.

Congrats on your new amp. Keep us posted.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 03:12:20 PM »
Interesting, how does it sound compared to the Tiny Terror? I like that little one.

Scratch N Sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »
Sorry so delayed on reply on this amp, my Mum passed away so I've been a little out of sorts.
The main channel on the amp is the tiny terror Robert, then it has a cleaner channel but it's not got much head room for clean playing at volume. Turn up the gain on the channel it does have a thicker tone than the tiny terror channel.
Loved the tone of the amp but found I really need a dedicated clean channel and an effects loop. So I bought an Orange TH30 and I think I've found my nirvana. Simple 2 channel amp, that pumps out some serious db's. The only thing about it is, it's dark or bassy. I added a mxr 6 band eq to my board, edged the bass side down and it's now a total keeper.
With the 4x10 it's sounds amazing. Tight, punchy but with a compression that you can feel from your insides out.
I've kept the dual as a back up for gigs, it's that small in it's bag, no lugging at all.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 03:14:38 PM »
Really sorry to hear about your Mum, my deepest condolences.

Thanks for the update.

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 04:03:25 AM »
@ Scratch: Condolences.