Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Hamer xt Sunburst on CL.  (Read 3132 times)

sven

• View Profile
Hamer xt Sunburst on CL.
« on: June 19, 2013, 07:24:27 PM »
I wasn't in the market but this guitar is calling out to me. Any body got a Hamer recomendation or caution?

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Hamer xt Sunburst on CL.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 11:42:59 PM »
I had a Hamer USA Studio Custom before downsizing. Like anything else, I wish I kept it. Arch top mahogany body and it came with Tone Pros hardware, Schaller tuners, Seymour Duncan '59 pups in the neck and bridge. All those goodies where stock. It had plenty neck on it. I'm talkin' a 14-1/2" radius. Very well built. I got it 'cause it was different and nobody I knew had one at the time . No complaints tho'. Hamer, just like the rest went through their change of hands like everybody else over the years. I think they wound up being bought by who else..........Fender Musical Instruments!

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hamer xt Sunburst on CL.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 10:34:47 PM »
I've never heard of a bad Hamer, even the import models were supposed to be good.  If you can score an American, get it.  Hamer started out as a customize shop and was big on finding old Gibson parts and using them.  Slowly they grew into a fine guitar maker.... Unfortunately Fender took over and imports took over until finally the brand was shut down...