Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: So do you think "pot" will be decriminalized anytime soon  (Read 4351 times)

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
So do you think "pot" will be decriminalized anytime soon
« on: August 30, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »
I read the President has been on a change of heart on this subject. Personally, I could never understand why they throw people in prison just for smoking it.

johannes.maas

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
Re: So do you think "pot" will be decriminalized anytime soon
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 07:45:48 AM »
I neither smoke cigarettes nor smoke pot - but I did for a few years when I was younger.

If people have to go to a dealer to buy illegal dope, they will sooner or later get in contact with people who also do hard drugs.

I studied 6 months in the Netherlands (Groningen) where they have the most liberal system. You can just go into a so called coffee shop and buy marihuana or hash if you want (up to a certain amount).

I think this is the best solution to have at least some control about what is sold. Of course they have problems with other drugs but prohibition will not make anything better. Its just that dealer earn more money if something is illegal. If the state would start selling dope lets say in pharmacies this would destroy the dealers business.

Dont get me wrong - I would never start smoking dope again bc I think it is not that harmless but I think its better to legalize than to forbid.

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
Already happening.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »
if you read the history of prohibition, you see the same thing has happened with marijuana.  legalize it, prostitution and any other prohibited product or activity.  regulate it and tax it.  the money under the table to politiicans is, imo, already huge, or pot would have been legalized now. if they can't figger out how they are going to pocket more dough, then they think 'why legalize this? it's making me rich now.'.

legalization might stop some of the killing on the southwest border, too.  some cities are overwhelmed by the drug gangs, just like chicago and new york were during prohibition. elliot ness is not famous for nothing.

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 01:28:59 AM »
if you read the history of prohibition, you see the same thing has happened with marijuana.  legalize it, prostitution and any other prohibited product or activity.  regulate it and tax it.  the money under the table to politiicans is, imo, already huge, or pot would have been legalized now. if they can't figger out how they are going to pocket more dough, then they think 'why legalize this? it's making me rich now.'.

legalization might stop some of the killing on the southwest border, too.  some cities are overwhelmed by the drug gangs, just like chicago and new york were during prohibition. elliot ness is not famous for nothing.

Good point there. Politicians have been on the take for too long.