Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Reverend Guitars  (Read 3630 times)

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reverend Guitars
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:38:51 PM »
For a quite some time now, I've been a fan of Reverend guitars.  Not too long ago, I noticed their corporate office is actually very close to my office.  But it never dawned in me to just stop in and say hi.  Earlier this week I was gear surfing on the web, always looking for a Reverend Guitar, when it dawned on me to see if they had a forum and a used gear section.  Thankfully, they had both!  However, oddly enough, they will only allow discountiuned models to be posted for sale.  I tried to join the forum and I also asked about what was with that policy.

Two things happened, one. I was given a good explanation- they don't want used gear folks to interfere with their clients selling guitars. Second thing was an invitation to stop by and see their offices and meet with their general manager.  Ken Haas is the GM there, and showed me ever aspect of Reverend's rather small office, where they receive and inspect new guitars, display their prototypes, and their artists green room.  It was a fantastic experience and learning about what makes them who they are, only reinforced my GAS for one of their guitars.  Great company to say the least.  I doubt any of the big brands out there would do the same.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Reverend Guitars
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 01:56:49 AM »
I love Reverend Guitars! I had a good time hanging out with Ken a couple years ago at NAMM. They are a great company, and they are doing things right.
Very likely, I will get a Reverend Guitar or two, and make some demos.
The founder Joe Naylor is of course another super cool guy - I just talked to him over email a couple of days ago, and he is always very helpful and informative.
Reverend Guitars is the kind of company I really support.

You may have seen my Reverend Hellhound amp - a super cool little combo that later got a facelift in the form of the Kingsnake. I use my Hellhound A LOT for gigs, because it is so useful and sounds so good. Unfortunately, their amps were both discontinued. However, you can still get the Reverend amps under the wings of a different company - http://cusackmusic.com/kingsnake-head/
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:59:32 AM by robert »

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Reverend Guitars
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 08:13:18 AM »
Ken filled me in on those amps and why they stopped selling them.  Again great amps, but became cost prohibitive to keep them under $1,000 which is their goal.