Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: What are you most interested in?  (Read 4832 times)

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
What are you most interested in?
« on: September 15, 2013, 01:50:00 AM »
When it comes to guitar lessons. Spill the beans, come on, mate! What kind of lessons are you most interested in. Be as detailed as you like.

NicolasA

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you most interested in?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 03:51:47 AM »
Well, everything until I am as good as you are, I guess...which won't happen, probably  ;)

More seriously, I really enjoy what you are doing in lick showing, solo construction, etc.

I personnally would need more 'how-to' lessons, more specifically oriented toward the technical questions : how to play tapping, how to play faster, how to improve my alternate picking chops...Not that I aim to be any kind of virtuoso, but if I am going to use some tools, I could as well do it correctly...

Harmony/analysis/composition is something I need to work, too...

But then again, really, if you just keep up the great job you're already doing, it's perfectly fine for me  ;)

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »
Scales and modes: I know it's sort of boring stuff, and that's a real problem for me. I don't read tabs or musical notation well, which compounds the situation. It would be great if you could do a lessons people like me could relate to. Maybe take each mode (or scale) and not only teach that, but give some classic song examples in various genres, without going into copyright violation territory of course.

I haven't seen any other lessons so far on YT that do that. I think it could help a lot of us that are stuck in the minor pentatonic thing.

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 09:11:57 AM »
I'd like "For Dummies Eddition", or "You thought it was impossible, but it really is nothing".

So, some advanced concepts, broken into simple pieces. However, as others stated, it's all well as it is. When you show us a lick, it should be more than enough for triggering thought process, ie. comes down to practically being equivalent of what I proposed in my first sentence.   

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. Creekster, you are a member of MGA right? I'm adding more and more lesson on scales and modes this fall.

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:06 PM »
I would really like to see a break down in segments on how to play a complete song. I know you can't use tabs on it, but it would be cool to see some country and jazz instrumentals. Thanks, Robert.