Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Isn't it amazing!!  (Read 2028 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Isn't it amazing!!
« on: March 11, 2014, 01:49:26 PM »
Isn't it amazing when the government got on Gibson's case twice (I think it was between 2009 and 2011), and in the raids, rosewood and ebony worth thousands of US dollars were seized. I don't know if anybody here remembers or even read about it, but it has to do with the Lacey Act of 1900. Of course it has been amended several times over the years and a 2008 amendment that included anti-illegal-logging provisions which were opposed by some in the wood industry, who unsuccessfully lobbied between 2009-2012 to have them relaxed. I don't recall all the details, but it seems to me that if people (the Tree Huggers, Ecology Movement individuals and the Green Police, etc.) are THAT concerned, why don't they get these asses that send out countless amounts of worthless magazines and catalogs I DO NOT want, DID NOT ask for......oh, and let us not forget the other stupid ass junk mail I didn't request. I can just about always count on seeing something for life insurance at least once every......that's right, every week! I come from the "If I want it, I'll ask for it!" school. Funny (for some of us) how it's easy to get junk, but it's hard as hell to get what you really want without bending over backwards or giving up something really close (or both). Like for example, Joe Blow has a guitar he put a labor of love an' all that "lovely" stuff in, only to have to give it up in order to obtain that, "Once in a lifetime", "Private Stock", "Limited Edition", "Only____made", "Factory Special Run", "Custom Shop" axe of ages! He wishes he could keep both, but it's not possible. Oh well. Life sucks sometimes. At least he has plenty of "unwanted" magazines and catalogs to read.

reb

• View Profile
Re: Isn't it amazing!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:11:14 PM »
completely true. i bet i toss out 10# of junk mail every week.  it's the digital age-they get our addresses from mailing lists and 'shotgun' the whole list.