Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: This sounds pretty good from fender guitars  (Read 3845 times)

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
This sounds pretty good from fender guitars
« on: March 25, 2014, 08:23:33 AM »

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: This sounds pretty good from fender guitars
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 08:50:13 AM »
The concept is cool, but I think that's been around for a while. By the time you use that, you wind up with something that just looks like a regular production model. The one I'd like to design has already been done as well and looks like this -

http://www.fender.com/series/fender-select/fender-select-carved-maple-top-telecaster-flame-maple-fingerboard-amber/ 

It's got the specs I want an' all, but for $2499.99, it will remain in the "want" category. I can probably put one together for less over time. Maybe someday. :-\
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:54:05 AM by zagatron1 »

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »
The concept is cool, but I think that's been around for a while. By the time you use that, you wind up with something that just looks like a regular production model. The one I'd like to design has already been done as well and looks like this -

http://www.fender.com/series/fender-select/fender-select-carved-maple-top-telecaster-flame-maple-fingerboard-amber/ 

It's got the specs I want an' all, but for $2499.99, it will remain in the "want" category. I can probably put one together for less over time. Maybe someday. :-\

yeah, I think that is a bit high for a telecaster.  I could see going about $1500 for a telecaster, its all the same, just pickups and maybe some hardware changes and color/paint job.  I think it's all about marketing to a market to keep the business coming in. Younger generation really are using different axes these days, although Fender still holds, but it's got to keep their marketing skills up to date.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 09:37:59 PM »
I find it cool, yet expensive.  I have found Warmoth a much higher end more affordable route.