Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: The Model  (Read 4068 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
The Model
« on: August 21, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »
This article below kinda reflects the way the guitar world (or parts of it) is evolved over the years or at least going in that direction.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/nation/2014/08/17/haves-have-nots-divided-by-apartment-poor-doors/14195565/

I happened across this gem recently.  Guess this is necessary huh?

http://www.boutiquegeartalk.com/forum.php

Class wars perhaps?

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Model
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:32:25 AM »
Didn't know about either of those you posted.

The low income people won't be hanging out on the boutique gear forum.

Interesting to learn about the low income housing in NYC. That is a great idea, although there are obvious issues as you posted. I wonder how common this low income housing program is in the US in general? Here, the government pays 2/3 of the rent. Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/real-estate/best-new-york-city-affordable-housing-article-1.1163995

Money, money, money. It rules the world.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 12:15:51 PM »
Here in the US, the "model" or "rule of thumb" as it were, says one should only spend one third of one's income on housing⌂.  At least that's what I've been hearing ever since I was old enough to care. As we all know, it doesn't always pan out that way. 

The programs are good ideas, but there are sooooo many trying to get on them. Couple that with the growing influx of human beings from other countries tryin' to get in this country.

The real point I was tryin' to make is the attitudes of those who believe they are "above" others as human beings. Like anyone who has gear that's not as expensive as theirs is beneath them. I was just pointing out the social parallels between the world in general and what the music ♪ world has become. This is mearly an observation on my part. My 2 if you will.

I guess I should just leave this subject alone 'cause it's not going to change. Best thing to do with a pompous  primadonna is play 'em ♫ under the table with your guitar ♪ expertise ♫.

Play on.♬ ♯ ♫
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:41:08 PM by zagatron1 »

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 03:51:28 PM »
Those with lots of money can buy the boutique stuff. It's easy to become obsessed with "the best" when you can afford it.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:08:46 PM »
I agree with the obsession factor for some, but the types of folk I'm refering to like to exert their "social superiority" and differenciate themselves from "regular" folks. The ones with their "pinky" extended.  ;)

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 04:39:03 AM »
Accessories and goodies for regulars, that's OK. Separate door, however ... Apartheid and residential segregation.

People are out of their minds, lately. All so confident in own ruthlessness and lack of emotions, fast to chose the winning side, regardless of right and wrong.

EDIT: I just realized it's actually like two separate buildings with one common wall. Well, than separate doors make sense. I can not enter my building through neighbor's door either. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:43:58 AM by Vladan »

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 02:45:01 AM »
I still buy the 50 cent picks, but then again my source of income is collecting cans along the river. :(