Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Input time - About Gadgets and Accessories made to order, to specs and more  (Read 4900 times)

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
OK people, this is a little bit different, maybe you could help me. I'm thinking starting a "manufacture joint venture" with couple of friends with the idea of putting together guitar and audio oriented gadgets and accessories. We're not sure what we would do.
A fuzz box, a switchboard, ... it would be hand wired and analog, that is for sure.

(Am I having a deja vu, or I asked similar question some time ago? This idea is ever present, but never went into realization.)

Is there anything you kind of need, but can not find anywhere? Is there something you can find, but is overly expensive?

You understand where I aim.

One of the problems is location. We are here, while people with money are over the ocean, meaning except for selling locally, we can not make anything really simple and cheap, because it must be complicated and serious enough to justify costs of shipping, taxes and duties.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 03:26:56 AM by Vladan »

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Input time - About Gadgets and Accessories made to order, to specs and more
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 09:11:01 PM »
Wow.......had to read that a couple of times. Ever had one of those times, where you found you needed to read something more than once and STILL didn't get it? This is one of those times.  ;D

I would think it's hard to come up with something in this day and age that hasn't been thought of already. If you don't have anything else, make sure you got that "Hype factor", 'cause if them audio oriented gadgets and accessories don't work or sound bad, the hype will move that merchandise. ;)  The "Hype factor" will motivate sales and empty air heads will buy them, 'cause they need something to brag about. Something to promote and cultivate snobbery! Something that no one else has and they want to be the first one to have it. They can beat their chests with pride and when the others say "no pics, it didn't happen", they can proudly display their purchase as proof in their respective forums. :)  So, if it misses the mark of being  "complicated and serious enough to justify costs of shipping, taxes and duties", the Hype factor will help things along. Blind followers make good "Hype Ambassadors".
Oh, and one more thing.....make sure it's (whatever it is) in limited numbers, that way the prices for "used" units can skyrocket up to crazy stupid levels, so when the ones that got wise and decided they couldn't "bond with it" want to get rid of 'em. Klo...ahem! Cough cough! ::)

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:42:30 PM by zagatron1 »

Vladan

• High on own Supply
    • View Profile
Zag, my friend, it will be in limited numbers, that is for sure. Most likely the number will vary btw 0 and 1.

reb

• View Profile
Vladan, i have been using to the exception of all else a zoom ms60 for recording. i think a really 'tweakable' multi effect box would be complicated enough (in man hours of design) but cheap to assemble from parts if you ahd the programming/software.  dunno if that might work, but that fits in with 'complicated' and 'might sell'.  the zoom hasn't ahd a wad of publicity, but i find it to be 'everything i need in one box without going to processor hogging effects' for recording. 

nearly every stompbox i have accumulated over the years is back int heir box, and the zoom sits on my recording desk.  you might listen to the youtube 'plays' and see what you think.  only thing i could think of off the top of my head....

Vladan

• High on own Supply
    • View Profile
Thanks Reb.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Most of problems have been solved by JoYo effects and buying used.