Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Share 4 Share Original Music  (Read 2892 times)

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
Share 4 Share Original Music
« on: October 04, 2014, 07:18:32 PM »
Hey people,

http://plus.google.com/u/0/b/101120828076344311644/communities/114224780873371355028

above is the link to a G+ Community I made with an idea to promote resharing of clips by independent mussicians.
At the moment we have 45 members and 6 shared clips. I expected the Members/ Shred Clips ratio to be quite different,
but it seams authors are not willing to share there, eventhough they share on their own.
Trhere are no obligations involved, no fees no money, anything.
So, if you feel like sharing own and resharing other people's clips, you're free to join.

There are some rules to follow. Please read them before posting:

1. One and only one clip per week.
2. Before posting each of your clips, always share publicly at least one clip already posted in this community.
3. Post only originals, commercial, or not
4. Covers are OK, if they are not commercial (meaning you do not earn money on them),
    or if you have permission from authors and are paying them royalties.
5. Improvisations on known theme are welcome.
6. +1s are OK, but we can live without those
7. Rule 2. won't apply before we reach 20 clips posted by members.
   This means there will be pool of at least 20 clips to share when it start to apply.
8. After reaching 50 members, community will no longer be open, ie. potential members will have to ask to join.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:33:58 AM by Vladan »

hillbilly US joe

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
Re: Share 4 Share Original Music
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »
Link says "error".

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 09:45:25 PM »
Vladan, i woulnd't have a problem putting some of my soundclick stuff on there, but i don't understand...must have shared publicly a clip already posted.???

then, too, i have the 'data limit' internet, so i wouldn't sometimes be able to listen to many clips. i don't get to do what i want on the net because of the data limit, like listen to lots of youtube or videos.

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »
Hillibilly, thank you for noting the unworking ling. It was truncated by forum applicatin, because I pasted it without putting it into URL brackets. It should work now, and here I repeat it:

http://plus.google.com/u/0/b/101120828076344311644/communities/114224780873371355028

To answer to Reb, first to say, rules, 7. and 8. meanwhile became redundant and couple got ammended, so now e have 6:

1.One and only one clip per week. 
2. Before posting each of your clips, EACH TIME, share publicly at least one clip already posted in this community. When you do it, please, IN DESCRIPTION, OR COMMENT TO OWN CLIP WRITE WHICH ONE YOU HAVE SHARED!!! 
3. Post only originals, commercial, or not 
4. Covers are OK, if they are not commercial (meaning you do not earn money on them), or if you have permission from authors and are paying them royalties. 
5. Improvisations on known theme are welcome. 
6. +1s are OK, but we can live without those

The meaning is: prior to posting own a clip to the community, you have to scroll down the paage, take a look at previously posted clips and chose one to share. It would be nice to listen and watch, but nobody can force you, nor controll you, so you can just as well share as per intuition.
Sharig options are: to public, names, circles, e-mails ... You should chose: public. Then, in your post, or in comment to your own post, you let everybody know what you have shared.

I don't know if it is obvious enough, but you can not join any G+ community withpout having working Google account profile.

For the record, there are 92 members at the moment, but not that many posters. Total of 27 clips by now. 6 are by me (less than 1 per week), 3 by one other guy, and the rest of posters posted only 1 clip, each. Some people are posting pictures, blog links, and other stuff, which is OK if remotely relevant, but only clips are counting for sharing.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:00:06 AM by Vladan »