Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Guitar Solos are thing of the past...  (Read 4393 times)

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Guitar Solos are thing of the past...
« on: May 22, 2015, 09:00:59 AM »
Sad sad day for us...

The last mainstream music to feature guitar solos is slowing being sucked out...

Country music radio is editing songs by cutting out the solos to keep their listners tuned in and their commericals in our radios...

http://www.wideopencountry.com/country-music-cutting-guitar-solos-singles-bored-listeners/

So sad, I'm starting love the rock tones from a lot of country music today....

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar Solos are thing of the past...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 11:38:28 AM »
I thought that happened already, a LOOOOONG time ago! :)

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 09:43:45 AM »
I'll have to agree with both of ya! Unfortunately "average listeners" don't care about th' stuff WE listen to in addition to what THEY listen to. Radio is NO better than TV which is why I don't deal with either one. Sooner or later THEY (whoever they are) will have commercials in TV guides instead of the programing. I once thought the main feature of cable TV like subscription radio was "Ad Free". Not these days.

Well, we still have our own stuff to listen to on our own terms, be it CDs or jamming to backin' tracks or with friends or a band if you have it like that. Remember tho' this issue is NOT by any means limited to th' country class of music!

The music industry is the main culprit.  Average listeners are like uneducated consumers. The industry knows this and takes FULL advantage! Profits, profits, profits! Music is NOT an art form to them. Like the main key in that article states (and I thank you DB for this article) "Catering to the masses and the lowest common denominator." Sad, but true! Ever have an' artist that you may not have heard from in a while? Might be overseas.  Lots of guitar players of different genres flock over there. Along with most of our products being made these days.......over somewhere, overseas.

Only in America!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:50:20 AM by zagatron1 »

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 03:25:22 PM »
It IS a good thing that Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are great guitar players too, and I think they love playing lead. So with that in mind, you'd think they might be able influence things, since they are such big country stars. In reality though, money talks the loudest...

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 04:17:06 PM »
It IS a good thing that Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are great guitar players too, and I think they love playing lead. So with that in mind, you'd think they might be able influence things, since they are such big country stars. In reality though, money talks the loudest...

Yeah, those two are indeed good for country music AND they're out there representing us guitar players in their genre and then some. Ahhh this is just a hiccup 'cause we still got an audience somewhere on our side. It's just not as big I guess. There's audiences that can sit down and enjoy a good concert without dancin'.