Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: 7  (Read 3306 times)

reb

• View Profile
« on: March 08, 2015, 05:48:28 PM »
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=13070094&q=hi

picking up barbed wire (bob war) is a regular activity around here...either get it off the ground, find a dead sheep, get it in your foot or???  as it gets really old, it devolves to pieces that are small and sharp....at one time, bob war settled the west for good or ill, depending on one's view.

squier tele, rogue bass, akg perception 100, audacity, allen and heath (had to buy a new computer as old one barfed, now the allen and heath zed mixer i've had for maybe 3 or 4 years works like a charm...plenty of ram, good preamps).

in doing this (for those of you who are still struggling with it), i found in order to not get bleed into the akg, i had to first play a rhythm part direct...for whatever reason, a click track don't work for me.  then i sing to the rhythm track...and it aint perfect, but it works ok. neither was the click perfect. now i have got to deal with 'how many seconds and at what time do i leave a guitar break?'. aint got it yet. maybe never will...buzz lightyear might say 'onward-to divinity and beyonce!'....if he was drunk. i think that's where i'm going to go...get drunk. later.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 7
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 10:12:04 AM »
Haha, that is cool!

Bob war - never heard that spelling before. Thanks for the story.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »
robert, next time you go to austin for the sxsw or whatever, listen to people talk. you will spot a 'native' by the pronunciation 'bob war' or something similar.

you're welcome. glad you liked it.

hillbilly US joe

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 07:10:41 PM »
rusty and brittle and don't make a sound

nice playing

ah the porch swing is swinging away on the is full moon night and some moonshine a sipping

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 10:58:50 AM »
ah, moonshine! go easy, joe.  leaves a bad headache...like pure grain alchohol...'everclear'. old days....

thanks!