Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Okay...c'mon now!!!  (Read 3669 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Okay...c'mon now!!!
« on: June 15, 2015, 08:42:07 PM »
J. Rockett Audio got a good thing goin' with th' Archer pedal an' all, but when do you say when? I mean, I got one (silver) currently on my board and I love it. It's a keeper for sure, but now here comes this one -

http://proguitarshop.com/j-rockett-audio-designs-archer-ikon.html

So now LIKE the real deal Klon they have not only a silver, but a gold one they call the Archer "ikon". Purdy thing it is in all it's golden splendor. Guess it's "exclusive" to Pro Guitar Shop for now since I haven't seen it anyplace else. Same look, gold case. Supposed to be  more compressed than the silver Archer and anything else so subtle I can't hear. Oh, and let us not forget about th' “magic” diodes the real deals (Klon) have that they have finally discovered and put in these babies. Maybe it really is worth th' extra 20 bucks over th' original.  J Rockett, you alright, but I ain't fallin' for that one.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:49:54 PM by zagatron1 »

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Okay...c'mon now!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:44:48 AM »
Ah you got the Archer huh? I have their Led Boots and it's awesome.

Yeah too much "special edition" poppycock. Lovepedal do that too.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:04:31 AM »
Ah you got the Archer huh? I have their Led Boots and it's awesome.

Yeah too much "special edition" poppycock. Lovepedal do that too.

Yeah, that Archer is really nice coming from someone who has never heard a Klon, but then again I'm probably not the only one who's dared to pull th' trigger sight unseen. Curiosity is my main uh......let's say "issue". I did th' same with another recent addition. I nabbed a Marvel Drive from Ramble FX. Another Marshall in a box. This time having played through what these are supposed to emulate, I gotta say this thing is the truth. BUT, I got one of their Limited Silver Editions and it's dressed up like a Silver Jubilee Edition Marshall. #6 of 15 it says on th' box and inside th' back when I took it off to put a battery in. Yes I use A/C power, but still put batteries in my pedals. Habit I guess.

Led Boots eh? That's an overdrive boost right? Cool!

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 11:03:17 AM »
Led Boots has a Marshally type of distortion, plus boost. I really like it.