Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Got myself a new computer  (Read 5692 times)

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
Got myself a new computer
« on: August 29, 2015, 03:46:27 AM »
My xp finally kind of toasted the other day.  I'm using internet explorer now and I'm surprised to see all the ads on the main page. Never seen them before. Got to admit, the asian girls look nice. LOL  :)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Got myself a new computer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 08:50:33 AM »
Good luck with it.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 12:33:47 PM »
Sorry about the ads - but they pay for the hosting and bandwidth.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 02:26:16 PM »
hear ya, Joe. i was sad to see xp go, myself. a person could actually make it work a little. ever since then, mikey has made a mess.

asian girls...;). you been over there too long??? i used to work with one that'd knock yer socks off. she got pregnant and then married...lost all her appeal.

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:01:56 AM »
Must say, I do not block ads. I love seeing ads on sites I visit.

Why?

Because I'm aware guys like Robert, and partly my self, are earning nickle and dime hhere and there out of those ads, while you/ we , the visitors, it cost us nothing. Even more, advertisers earn nothing out of it unless we actually buy their product.
Basicaly, I see it as a win win situation. Support independent artists and educators by transfering into their pockets promotional budget money from awfull advertisers.

Think about it!
Ocasionally click on ads when you like the song. Stressing: ocasinally!!! We do not want advertisers to think we are scaming them and cut us out.

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 06:32:14 PM »
Robert, when we click on an ad and don't buy anything, does this still give you credit of some forum?

Also, it takes so long for your site to upload, do other members have the same problem?

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 08:06:45 PM »
I won't speak for Robert, but in general. Some ads pay only if followed by purchase, other pay if you click on them, some pay even if only seen on page. Of course, they pay in adequate proportion. An ad must be seen btw 100 and 10.000 times for 1$, one click can bring you from 1 cent to couple of dollars, one purchase ...

It is important not to click on own ads, or ask people to do it as a favour, because the advertiser will see through it and cut you off. If you really want to do a favour, click on an ad from time to time, but only if it is relevant to your usual on-line habits.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:29:19 PM by Vladan »

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 05:24:20 PM »
I won't speak for Robert, but in general. Some ads pay only if followed by purchase, other pay if you click on them, some pay even if only sen on page. Of course, they pay in adequate proportion. An ad must be seen btw 100 and 10.000 times for 1$, one click can bring you from 1 cent to couple of dollars, one purchase ...

It is important not to click on own ads, or ask people to do it as a favour, because the advertiser will see through it and cut you off. If you really want to do a favour, click on an ad from time to time, but only if it is elevant to your usual on-line habits.

Thanks Vladan.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 01:29:39 PM »
Some ads may bring something in when clicked, but you shouldn't do repeated ad clicks for that reason. It's against the rules...

The site is using a random template generator, and sometimes a template is a bit slow. Sorry about that.

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 03:19:03 PM »
Some ads may bring something in when clicked, but you shouldn't do repeated ad clicks for that reason. It's against the rules...

The site is using a random template generator, and sometimes a template is a bit slow. Sorry about that.

OK, for some reason now the site is uploading much faster. Like in about 5 seconds. Actually if you go to a seach engine and search the site address and punch it in, that is where the problem begins, takes a long time for it to show up on the computer. And then even show up getting your site, but right now it seems to be working fine or at least quite fast. Thanks Robert.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 09:38:10 AM »
Hard to fine my site in a search engine? What do you search for?

"dolphin street" will be hard to find - "dolphinstreet" is what you should use if you search.

However, you don't have to search - type in dolphinstreet.com in the address bar. Done.

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 04:02:46 AM »
Hard to fine my site in a search engine? What do you search for?

"dolphin street" will be hard to find - "dolphinstreet" is what you should use if you search.

However, you don't have to search - type in dolphinstreet.com in the address bar. Done.

Gotcha. Got it all straighten out including password which for some reason I forgot, that is why I wasn't too active for a while.