Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: What is the most amazing show you ever saw?  (Read 17137 times)

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
What is the most amazing show you ever saw?
« on: December 23, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »
The most amazing, impressive, mind blowing show you ever witnessed?

I saw Prince live in 2001, and that was completely amazing.

Seeing John Scofield live is also amazing every time. I am big fan of his.

I'd like to see Jeff Beck live some time.

diaper head

• View Profile
Re: What is the most amazing show you ever saw?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 11:41:27 PM »
i saw aerosmith once, because i was actually trying to see the opening band. (guns and roses were touring appetite at the time)

i'm not really a fan of aerosmith.  however, i was greatly impressed by them. they put on a great show, and i enjoyed it far more than i expected.  interestingly enough, G&R sucked and got booed off the stage because of axl's antics.

another time i went to see monster magnet.  they put on a great show. i really dig their stuff.  however, there was this guy no one ever heard of opening for them that night.  each instrument in his band did a solo, one after the other. during each one, he would "step in" on the instrument, continuing the solo, and then step out, allowing the original player to finish their thing.  it was a neat thing to watch. especially when he did it on the drum solo. one foot, then hand at a time, in then out, without missing a beat on the awesome solo.  between that act and monster magnet i went to the bar. and there was that then unknown artist. i said hello, and he bought me a beer and waited to see monster magnet with me and my buds.  that guy was kid rock.  funny, i liked him way better then. 

Scratch N Sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »
Can't just pick one ! Jeff Healey at the international 2 in Manchester, a small venue but he literally blew the roof off that night, the man is sorely missed. Joe Bonamassa at the RAH in London, a night that raised the hairs on the neck. 

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »
Can't say I've ever been blown away, but I can say I really enjoyed BB King last year and was suprised when I watched the Cult this year.  BB King really brings it to the audiance.  He doesn't play much guitar, but its a good show.  The Cult is a band I never really heard before, but I was impressed when I watched them.  The lead guitarist had quite the workout.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 12:02:50 PM »
There were so many, it's really difficult to single out any one. Some of the good ones were Rush, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush, Chic Corea, Miles Davis, Buddy Guy.... too many to list.

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 02:01:55 PM »
1970 - Black Sabbath and Mountain in Austin, TX. The crowd was so much into the show that the balcony was literally swaying up and down.

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 07:15:41 PM »
Every Zappa show I saw was great. I saw the Rolling Stones show somewhere around late 70s early 80s and it was fantastic.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 11:27:24 PM »
1970 - Black Sabbath and Mountain in Austin, TX. The crowd was so much into the show that the balcony was literally swaying up and down.

My parents were barely teenagers in 1970..... I guess music knows no age limits or minimums...

Dan

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 05:29:45 PM »
Would have to be Johnny Winter at Toad's Place in New Haven. It's a medium sized club, I was leaning on the stage and the playing was fantastic. They were playing through small musicman amps, wicked tones.

hagarfreak33

• Fat Fingers
  • Being stupid is its own reward
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »
I have seen Kiss many Times but the Reunion tour at the Meadows Music Theatre was great i was right up front-loved every minute of it.

Dan

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 09:27:45 AM »

My parents were barely teenagers in 1970..... I guess music knows no age limits or minimums...

Ha, I missed this show, was supposed to go with my brother. He said Mountain was the loudest band he ever heard, came home holding his hands over his ears.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 12:32:58 PM »
There are two guitar players I'd love to see live.  Joe Bonamassa and Davy Knowles.  It would be cool if Davy opened for Joe.  Seeing those two guys trading licks would be an awesome show.

hillbilly joe old

• my lyrics, the guitar and my imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 07:31:35 PM »
I saw the Yes concert in Miami in 1973 I believe and it was great, maybe simple to the concerts of today, but it cost only 7 bucks at the time

Scratch N Sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 05:07:20 AM »
There are two guitar players I'd love to see live.  Joe Bonamassa and Davy Knowles.  It would be cool if Davy opened for Joe.  Seeing those two guys trading licks would be an awesome show.
I have seen Joe B 8 times at venues across the UK, his shows are inspiring, I have seen people stood literally open mouthed .t his playing. Catch him next time he comes round, I promise you won't regret it !

sven

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 01:30:30 AM »
My favorite show was the Byrds.  Pretty sure it was a reunion or something in the 80s.  Rick Danko played bass and looked like he wa having a blast.

Many great Dead shows.

Oh wait....!  Wynton Marsalis and the Lincln Center Orchestra.   Holy smoke!  They smoked!