Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: What is the most amazing show you ever saw?  (Read 17133 times)

creekster52

• View Profile
Re: What is the most amazing show you ever saw?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 08:18:58 PM »
I saw the Yes concert in Miami in 1973 I believe and it was great, maybe simple to the concerts of today, but it cost only 7 bucks at the time

I lived in Florida for quite a while too. Got to see Joe Walsh for $6. There are still some great shows there for relatively little money. There are bargain shows in Dallas too at Granada Theater and Starplex Ampitheater (Superpages.com Center).

Scratch N Sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 04:10:43 PM »
I was going to start a new post on the subject of gigs. I still have every ticket to shows that I've been too, starting with Iron Maiden in 1980 for 2.50, I was 13yrs old. Remember when the tickets were printed and not computer generated. I still have a great one from a Hawkwind gig, that is printed as a space flight ticket, twice as big as a normal ticket in those days. I have posted pictures of them on other forums and the younger ones have been amazed to see a ticket from that era ! Guess I'm a bit of a geek, but it's great to some times get them out and remember. Berlin '90 The Wall 300,000 people, heard it, but the stage was a big 'ole distance away ! But I remember the buzz travelling across europe on a wing and a prayer. Great days. Got a total of 250 tickets pretty much, stamp collectors ain't got nothing on me !

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 07:26:04 PM »
that's pretty cool  :)

BogHead

• 70s rock forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 12:15:22 PM »
I only went to a few back in the 70s but I saw Blue Oyster Cult 4 times. The BOC concert in 77 was really good. The opener was Black Oak Arkansas and Cheap Trick was introduced. BOC introduced their new album, Spectres and the show was spectacular. Lasers, surround sounds and synthesizers.

It was a great show from the beginning to the end. Buck Dharma is my fav guitarist.

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:56 PM »
On the acoustic side of things...I got to see Doc & Merle Watson with Dan Crary in 1972-73 in Winfield, Kansas, at the National Flatpicking Contest. It was sponsored by Mossman Guitars that year. There were so many awsome pickers there, and as usual at bluegrass things, the really fun stuff starts after the stage shuts down!