Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: got a new amp  (Read 4212 times)

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
got a new amp
« on: January 24, 2016, 03:48:39 AM »
I bought a Line 6 Spider 30 watt amp.  It's an OK amp, nothing to write home about though. Paid about 200 USD for it. Did get the foot box (option) free though.  The reason why I say its an OK amp is that I wish it had 2 guitar inputs, only has one. Anyway I'm stuck with it till I win the next big Lottery here in Japan.

Here is a take on how its sounds.  A bit too much reverb on this, but... gives you an idea how me and the amp sounds.

https://app.box.com/s/h2x1x7whtawi8ewakegzw4uam8snege2

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
Re: got a new amp
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 06:39:22 AM »
Yes, it sounds like behind that reverb curtain there's a real thing being played. Not bad, IMO. Seems you can play well, especially when it counts. Nice.

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 04:33:22 PM »
Yes, it sounds like behind that reverb curtain there's a real thing being played. Not bad, IMO. Seems you can play well, especially when it counts. Nice.

Thanks Vladan

For some reason, my fingers want to fly over the fretboard faster then my musical thoughts. Any thoughts on how i should control this mind boggling mishap in my attempt at playing this 6 stringer.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 12:06:17 PM »
agree with Vladan...the core tone sounds good. i bet it has a direct output on it....

how to slow down? try playing to some frank sinatra or that young piano player/singer from lousiana...frank drives me nuts. him and the horns slide from note to note sometimes. that'll slow ya down-sure slows me down!

or cue up 'the pink panther' theme...that's a good one to mess with your mind.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 11:04:20 AM »
Sounds good! Practice with a metronome, that helps. Just slow it down to an appropriate speed. Play with the beat.

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 08:47:40 PM »
Thanks guys.  I'm going to do a retake on it with just a little reverb this time.  Not sure which guitar I'll use, but I played that clip on my new epiphone acoustic guitar with a dean markley pickup.