Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Big earthquake in Alaska  (Read 1923 times)

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
Big earthquake in Alaska
« on: January 24, 2016, 04:44:06 PM »
News is just coming in.  Anyone here live or close to Alaska.  Here where I live ( s.japan) we just had about 3 to 5 tremors a few minutes ago.  Dang another one just hit as I'm writing this. 

The weather here in my neck of the woods has been very different, today we got the worst snow storm in record (100 years).  Also I notice that the pavement on the streets are much warmer and that the snow is melting and turning into slush and then into icey conditions. 

https://twitter.com/Trendingpix/status/691334246179454976
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:50:40 PM by hillbilly-joe »

reb

• View Profile
Re: Big earthquake in Alaska
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:12:42 PM »
i was tdy to alaska back in the early 80s to fill a slot they couldn't get anyone to take.  had me in a wood 2 story hotel...i was laying awake listening on earphones to the fm radio one night (daylight at midnight)...and the bed went to shaking. i KNEW there wasn't no 'magic fingers' on the thing...and then it dawned on me...'earthquake'.

i got up and put on my pants, went outside where the mosquitoes could eat on me. was march, but the skeeters have a short time to suck blood there and make up for it by doing it 24/7....and by the time i got to the parking lot, it had quit. about a 5 something, i think. had two more before i got outta there.  spooky feeling. gives a person the actual perception of 'how big humans really are'.

the pacific rim has quakes all the time. i don't think i've seen that many alaskans post on any forum i've ever been on.

i bet you know this, but i'll say it anyway.  don't stay in the house, joe. get away from stuff that could fall.