Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: 27  (Read 4230 times)

reb

• View Profile
« on: January 19, 2016, 11:08:18 AM »

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
Re: 27
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:49:18 AM »
Hey Reb, that was pretty cool.  Much different style there.

Vladan

• http://vladanmovies.blogspot.com
  • High on own Supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »
Reb, mate, this was really great!

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 12:19:57 PM »
thank you, guys!  i was strugllin' to find 'something to record'. every time i do a recording and do mixing, so forth, i learn something new.

i found the drum machine 'manual' (yep, Vladan, i read the thing! after having the machine for 10 years...:)). and got that programmed....and just messed with it...and 27 is what came out.

surprised me. i think it is almost 'danceable'...not by me, but someone young enough to be able to move...

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 03:08:44 AM »
you the man on the "roll".  :)

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »
thanks, joe.

since i got 'the system' to work without a lot of fighting, i have a second thing to do besides read when i don't want to work. beats tv all to h3!!.

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 04:28:43 PM »
thanks, joe.

since i got 'the system' to work without a lot of fighting, i have a second thing to do besides read when i don't want to work. beats tv all to h3!!.

TV  I only watch the japanese/english news, TV is warping the minds of everyone these days, young and old and the foolish.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 12:02:29 PM »
i can get the japanese news (in english) here, and watch it sometimes...nhk news, i think it's called.

they tend to not dwell on american subjects, nor do they seem to be as polarized as our news channels.

i told a friend of mine the other day, this digital revolution is not what it's cracked up to be. in the long run, i think it is a societal mistake to have all this digital bs and phones, etc.. humanity was already warped. the constant stream of 'information' is making humanity less human.

bet you have been to a dinner or social function and seen the 20/30s crowds' noses buried int heir phones, thumbs flopping away on the tiny keys.  can't or won't talk to anyone-too 'into' their phones. seen 'em on tv walk into walls or in front of traffic with their nose burried in the phone...like watching a clueless animal walk into a pack of hungry coyotes...

my chickens have the sense to look up from time to time to see if there's a hawk in the air over them. the ones who don't have that sense, they don't live to adulthood.

interesting to watch. glad i'm not 20/30 no more.

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 03:32:11 AM »
i can get the japanese news (in english) here, and watch it sometimes...nhk news, i think it's called.

they tend to not dwell on american subjects, nor do they seem to be as polarized as our news channels.

i told a friend of mine the other day, this digital revolution is not what it's cracked up to be. in the long run, i think it is a societal mistake to have all this digital bs and phones, etc.. humanity was already warped. the constant stream of 'information' is making humanity less human.

bet you have been to a dinner or social function and seen the 20/30s crowds' noses buried int heir phones, thumbs flopping away on the tiny keys.  can't or won't talk to anyone-too 'into' their phones. seen 'em on tv walk into walls or in front of traffic with their nose burried in the phone...like watching a clueless animal walk into a pack of hungry coyotes...

my chickens have the sense to look up from time to time to see if there's a hawk in the air over them. the ones who don't have that sense, they don't live to adulthood.

interesting to watch. glad i'm not 20/30 no more.

Well, you know I've been in Japan on and off since 1974 and since then I've seen the nude girls in the newspapers and posters of toplesses on the trains. Then everyone reading newspapers, then books, then manga books, then the mp3 players, the the fold up cell phones that you could text and now the smart phones. Rarely does anyone talk on the trains.  So really, man, women and kids have always been preoccupied with something other than talking to themselves.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »
sounds a lot like nyc.  i suppose the population density is closer in nyc to most cities in japan than it is elsewhere.  too many people makes folks 'not look one another into the eyes'.