Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Online music  (Read 4666 times)

creekster52

• View Profile
Online music
« on: January 14, 2011, 10:23:54 PM »
I don't have $$ to buy a lot of music (CD's, MP3's, etc.), especially if there is a single tune I want by a particular artist. I found a website called Grooveshark a while back. It has saved me a lot of bucks and allowed me to get re-acquainted with some old favorites.

I'm sure there are others out there, too. So, if you have a similar site that you use, I would appreciate hearing about it.

NOTE: This is NOT spam...I just want to share something I found useful and hope others can steer me to some other sites!

hagarfreak33

• Fat Fingers
  • Being stupid is its own reward
    • View Profile
Re: Online music
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 08:18:29 PM »
When i go on ultimateguitar .com to get tabs there is a link up top that says listen to the song and it brings you too an online radio site.
also if you listen online try  las tfm.com or pandora

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 08:32:25 PM »
Oh Yeah...I think I did try Pandora a coule of years ago. Guess I just forgot about it.
I'll check out ultimateguitar.com and las tfm.com

I also tried Blip.fm a while back, but I kept losing my playlists. Also, I don't think it listed songs by album.

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
I listen to Slacker (slacker.com) some. There is an app to listen to it on my Blackberry also which is cool, too.

You can't pick the exact songs you want on the playlist but it will build playlists for different genres or around a specific artist you select.

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »
P2P is your friend:

http://www.slsknet.org/