Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: I think i'm giving up...  (Read 6108 times)

hagarfreak33

• Fat Fingers
  • Being stupid is its own reward
    • View Profile
I think i'm giving up...
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:56:59 PM »
Guitar  ::)  I keep torturing myself-every year i buy a new guitar around tax time and every year i end up selling it to pay off something else--I think for now on i will only buy very cheap guitars that i can not sell. :o
I know i am a moron :'(

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I think i'm giving up...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 05:12:42 AM »
Just stick to one guitar that you really like!

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:30:22 AM »
LOL...you're not a moron. It happens to a lot of us sometime or other.

But, like Robert said...If you find "that" guitar, the one guitar you can really bond with, you'll be more inclined to hang onto it...regardless!!

Sometimes the hard part is finding "that" guitar. It's easier to do if you only have that special one, and it might even turn out to be the mutt!!

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »
I kinda semi-gave up. I still jam though. I just decided which ones (guitars) I was gonna keep (3), and the rest will go in time. Amps.... well I'll keep one SS amp and one tube amp.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:59:50 PM by zagatron1 »

hagarfreak33

• Fat Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 12:21:15 AM »
My Strat is "that" guitar for me-I love Strats and will get one again in the future -but i think its going to have to wait until my kids are all adults :)
On a good note the money for the guitar will go to a good cause my daughters high school band is going to Washington to play in a Parade later in the year. 8)

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 01:46:49 AM »
At least you have a plan and you know what you want. In addition, you're there for the young ones. Your time to shine will be around before you know it.

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
At least you have a plan and you know what you want. In addition, you're there for the young ones. Your time to shine will be around before you know it.

Definitely gotta take care of the kids! I'm sure you'll find something to fill the void.

Peavey USA Predators are pretty good guitars for little $$. The stock pickups even sound pretty good, if you boost the treble a little.  A little flatter radius than you had on your Strat & PRS, and maple fretboards only on the USA models. I really like the necks and frets a lot!!! They turn up on Ebay from time to time for under $150.

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 01:21:18 AM »
Nothing wrong with cheap guitars. If you take a little time and look you can find some nice playing guitars and even if they need a little work, you still don't have a lot of money in them.

I'm about to get my third guitar, fourth if you count my bass. All are inexpensive but play well.

hagarfreak33

• Fat Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 01:25:27 AM »
I think i found a way to keep it :)