Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Free Joe Bonamassa Mp3 download  (Read 6658 times)

creekster52

• View Profile
Free Joe Bonamassa Mp3 download
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:37:38 AM »
I got this free download via National Guitar Museum. The download transfer rate was a little slow, but maybe there were a lot of people downloading it at the time.

http://jbonamassa.com/dustbowl/

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Free Joe Bonamassa Mp3 download
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:56:31 AM »
I've downloaded a few of his songs.  Also, Gibson.com has free MP3 and one of them is Dirt in my Pocket which, in my opinion, is one of his best songs.

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »
I didn't hear his last couple of albums. I'll have to check this one out.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:58:59 PM »
From what I've heard, he's getting better and better ever year...

Scratch N Sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »
As you might have guessed I'm a bit of a Joe B fan, in fact given half a chance I'd bore you to death on the subject ! ;D
Black Rock for me was quite a weak album for him, not to say it's a bad album, it just doesn't move me like You and Me or Ballad of John Henry (both a must listen to).
Dust Bowl is a great album with a mixture of styles, I even like the Country influenced tracks, which I would not have expected to. The Last Matador of Bayonne is a favourite at the moment, a real moody blues feel to it(not the band though). He even does a cover of The Prisoner(Barbara Streisand) !
Albums to listen to for a taste of JB apart from the above would be Live from Nowhere in Particular, Sloe Gin and Blues Deluxe.
The Royal Albert Hall DVD is also a must see.
But guys I cannot tell you how great he is live, what ever you think of the recorded material, it's on stage this man and the music comes alive ! He's just coming to the top of his game ! Get to see him, you will not be disappointed.
There you go ! I told you I'd bore the hell out of you ! :)   

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »
Go to http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/FreeMusic/Default.aspx and type in Bonamassa.  This was the first song that got me tuned into Joe.

Another good one too... type in "slam" and you'll get Back Door Slam "Heavy On My Mind"