Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: rrsblues  (Read 5193 times)

reb

• View Profile
rrsblues
« on: May 24, 2011, 08:54:07 AM »
Robert, thanks ever so much for the use of your backing tracks. have been enjoying them for some time now, and put this on soundclick some time ago:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1112015

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: rrsblues
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 09:39:45 AM »
Hey, that sounds good. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you enjoy the tracks.

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:53:29 PM »
you know, there were a couple of licks in there that were pretty tasty.  :P

but, it underscores something worth mentioning.  probably 75% of my fun time on the guitar is me doing what i call "guitar karoke". i'll play some backing tracks like robert's and some others floating around out there in cyberspace, and either riff off of them, or play the actual song.   i might not ever play like dave hlubek, but for 4 min and 55 seconds, i can try.   ;D

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »
Nice playing there, reb! I'm liking that smooth groove going on with that backing track.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 08:47:37 AM »
thanks, diaper head and pictoratus!

diaper head, that is kinda where i'm at, too. i have several goals with the guitar....one is to play live again. another is to keep the arthritis from taking over my hands. the other is to have fun...if it's not rewarding, i'm pretty sure i'm not going to do it unless there is a stiff penalty for 'not'.

i have so many irons in fires, i have to be in the right mood to set up the recorder; i have to really be in the right mood, with no distractions, to set up my my small mixer board, plug it into the computer, set up two or three mics, mess with sound recorder in linux...since 'time spent playing with the daw' equals 'time spent learning', i have never been able to satisfactorily mix in a daw due to the learning curve something i would post on sound click...so i don't try, i just record to the zoom. i did find out using a looper, i can do simple songs without a room full of equipment set up. in the right mood, i'll write my own...'god knows' on my soundclick page is my own. i will never be mistaken for tom waits....:) but then, tom waits will never be mistaken for me, either.