Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: A place to buy your guitar strings  (Read 7552 times)

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
A place to buy your guitar strings
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:24:09 PM »
I just came across this article today. I think I heard of the company. Maybe some of you buy your strings from them already  :)

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/juststringscom-expands-popular-line-of-bulk-strings-for-guitarists-122492763.html

reb

• View Profile
Re: A place to buy your guitar strings
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 06:06:31 PM »
it looks to me like their prices are comparable to elsewhere. i can't imagine they have a big profit margin, so they must be selling a bus load of strings per day.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:04 AM »
Maybe if I ran a music shop or did something related to working on guitars for a living, I'd have the need to buy my strings in bulk.

GuitarJake88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 05:44:23 PM »
Sweet. Nice to know about more options. I swear, the first 5 months I broke so many strings on my and my brother's guitar I was ready to give up. I've done a lot better lately though, LOL

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »
there is a 'billy gibbon's tech interview' on premier guitar (i think it was). billy is using 8's!!!

spider thread....the tech says he has such a light touch, he don't break many. the tech laughed about using 9s on one guitar.....

now someone tell me, if he has something like 400 guitars as the tech says in one warehouse, where does the king of excess get his strings, and how often does he change them? :P

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »
Yeah, I saw that. Pretty cool interview. I could have swore he said Billy uses 7s and goes to 8s for his slide guitars but either way that's some skinny strings!

hagarfreak33

• Fat Fingers
  • Being stupid is its own reward
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 08:23:56 PM »
looks cool

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 11:11:03 AM »
Yeah, I saw that. Pretty cool interview. I could have swore he said Billy uses 7s and goes to 8s for his slide guitars but either way that's some skinny strings!

What's more incredible is that he has never broke a string and his new guitars have the neck chambered because the strings are so light...

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 06:42:35 PM »
now you mention it, Pic, i think you're correct...7s for the usual, and 8s on the slides...aiyiyi. i think 9s feel loosey goosey.