Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: pick ups, the sequel  (Read 5971 times)

diaper head

• View Profile
pick ups, the sequel
« on: June 25, 2011, 03:08:32 PM »
yesterday i got my dillion 335 back from the tech.  he swapped out the pups for a set of 57 classics.
he cut me a bone nut, and installed a new 3 way switch.  oh, and one really cool thing is i swapped out the crappy klusen style tuners for a set of grovers. this new set is black, and it really looks nice like that i think.  also,  he  generally went through the set up to make sure everything was okely-dokely and a fresh set of 9/46. strings.   mmmmm now i have the sweetnesssss.

the 57 classics are really nice pups.  a little hotter than i expected.  but roll off the volume some, and the clean up real nice.  i am really liking some of the sounds i can get from using both pick ups now.  the other guitar turned out well, but this one is really seeing some nice improvements.
if, down the road, i decided to change the caps, i could still tweak the sound a little further.
I love it when a plan comes together! (said in my best hannibal smith played by george peppard voice)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: pick ups, the sequel
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »
I'll bet it plays as good as it looks.

creekster52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 05:55:38 PM »
VERY NICE!!

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 09:08:22 PM »
Whoa, that's a nice looking guitar!

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 01:28:40 PM »

i put all th leftover parts and craig's list,  and a guy just walked out with everything but one set of pups.  that offsets a little of my costs! sweeeeeet  ;D

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »
nice looking...i like that dark streak that runs through the fretboard.  i'm looking forward to hearing it's new voice! gibson don't have the market cornered on great looking and great sounding semis anymore.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 10:49:02 AM »
Looks great.  I almost bought a Epi Dot with plans of doing the same thing... New pups, tuners, and nut... Never got around to it though..