Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Centrl Texas music scene circa 1960's  (Read 4228 times)

creekster52

• View Profile
Centrl Texas music scene circa 1960's
« on: July 02, 2011, 10:30:07 PM »
Here is a blog put together by Jason Chronis about the music scene in Central Texas. This was occuring back in the mid 60's, when I was in jr. high/high school in Waco. Some of my friends were in the referenced bands (KBQ & Morticians), and are still playing to date. Central Texas was ripe with garage bands during the mid 60's.

http://ontheroadsouth.blogspot.com/

reb

• View Profile
Re: Centrl Texas music scene circa 1960's
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 03:16:06 PM »
awww, man...that's musty with nostalgia! a wander down memory lane for sure....

i played in a band in high school that never had a gig...not even a non-paying one. about that time, i almost got expelled from high school (the beatles were doing it...the high school quarterback had 'long' hair...so, i let mine grow some-might've touched my collar..maybe)...i was told 'get your hair cut, or don't come back', so my Dad dared me to have it cut into a mohawk..i did..and Monday, i again almost got expelled. that story about the wigs made me laugh.

good times....

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »
It's kind of interesting how things turn out... like who's still playing, who's not. I remember the high school days too. Talk about fun.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:16:15 PM by zagatron1 »

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 11:36:02 AM »
Great story. You have to wonder how the KBQ would have fared had they stayed together. It's also pretty cool when I read about yet another band coming here to Tyler to record at Robin Hood Studios.