Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Wireless  (Read 6578 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Wireless
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:12:51 PM »
Whats the buzz on wireless systems these days? I've tried it before back in the day with the early NADY color coded systems. It was kinda neat for "showmanship" purposes, but there were interference problems/issues also. I don't know how it is now, but I'm not looking back. What say you?

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:19:19 PM »
The Line 6 Relay wireless is pretty awesome. I made a video demo here - http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-112.php have a look.

It's perfect for my needs. I can't go very far from the stage, but who needs to anyway? I am free from cables on any of the stages I play on. NO INTERFERENCE at all!

sven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 08:08:56 PM »
I'd looooove a wireless.  I'll have to see if the line 6 is in my price range.  I like to hear what the band sounds like in the room, since we don't usually have a sound guy.  A wireless system is perfect for that.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 09:27:41 AM »
I'd like to switch to wireless, but that is an expensive investment.  Plus there is a warning posted about the FCC may restrict the frequency they run on making them potentially illegal in the future...

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 02:35:53 PM »
I'd like to switch to wireless, but that is an expensive investment.  Plus there is a warning posted about the FCC may restrict the frequency they run on making them potentially illegal in the future...

Yeah, I read about that FCC thing somewhere.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 04:44:18 PM »
My local guitar center actually has a sign posted at the accessories desk warning about it.