Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: another stolen guitar  (Read 5577 times)

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
another stolen guitar
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:49:05 PM »

pictoratus

• View Profile
Re: another stolen guitar
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:24:32 AM »
Yeah, that's a shame.

I would have thought KVAL would have tried to be more helpful by posting a better description of the guitar; make, model, etc.

That would make it easier for viewers to spot it in local pawn shops, CL ads, etc.

GuitarJake88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »
Aw man that stinks. Yeah we need to develop a better system to fix these things. I hope it works out for her.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »
Carvin is advertising some sort of 'rf' chip in their guitars to prevent theft. i wouldn't think embedding one woud be real tough.

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 11:06:23 PM »
Pretty good idea idea, reb. Sort of like a LoJack for guitars.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 05:53:17 PM »
i hadda look up 'lojack', pic.  yeah, these things are taking over.

my way of dealing with this is to have cheap equipment :) i was noticing last night...i wear my keys on my belt loop (old habit)...my cheap equipment looks more beat up all the time. maybe that's the way to go.

there are some things i do like about sharia law...cutting off the hands of thieves is one of them.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 07:04:35 PM »
Been there. I had a Gibson "The Paul" lifted from me. Instead of me waiting to move it last, I trusted this dork to move it and what does he do? Leaves it in an elevator! >:( GONE!

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 10:08:19 AM »
A friend of mine was in the Navy when he had his Grandfather's Les Paul Custom and Gibson Songbird stolen from him about 10 years ago.  The bad part was he didn't have the serial numbers.  With that information along with pictures, turning in a police report and notifying every pawn shop in the area, chances are you'll recover the guitar.  A few years ago, he had his Heritage H535 stolen from his brothers house, but when he put a posting on CL notifying the thief that ever pawn shop knows the make and serial number, there is no chance the person could sell it.  A few days later, the guitar was found at the end of his brothers drive way. (Its top was cracked because they through it out the window when driving by, so it was still a loss)