Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: American ecomony  (Read 3884 times)

hillbilly-joe

• View Profile
American ecomony
« on: September 30, 2011, 05:08:26 PM »
Man, this is hard to swallow. Never imagined that this would happen to this company.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-30/kodak-debt-swaps-soar-as-camera-maker-said-to-weigh-bankruptcy.html

reb

• View Profile
Re: American ecomony
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »
digital tore their film business up. and they refused to change quickly enough.

in 50 years, they may be history if they don't find another niche.

listening to financial news sometime, i heard some guy say that out of 100 companies in the dow in 1950 (i think it was..heck, i'm not sure)...there were 3 still in the dow. if it doesn't fit ANYWHERE else...darwin's theory of evolution surely does in business.

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 12:14:02 AM »
Talking about digital tearing up their film business and them refusing to change quickly enough makes me think of the record companies trying to stick to CDs when the consumer is wanting to move to digital download.

Get on board or get left behind!

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:54:33 PM »
that's evolution in a nutshell. is it the bible that says 'the race does not always go to the swift and strong'? and i don't remember where that phrase 'the quick and the dead' comes from....but...one might view business as a microcosm of other things. fruitfly genetic changes are among the few things that happen quicker....

yeah, 8 tracks, cassettes, cds....hanging onto their sacred cow. i can't really blame them for trying, but, when you have no plan b....down the tubes you go. the guys with the golden parachutes don't care, i guess. people, the more different they may look or act, are so much the same.

think of this, pic. might make you smile....that first guy with a sword who went up against a chinese who had figured out how to harness gunpowder...talk about a technological shock :)

pictoratus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »
hehe, the Chinese guy with the gunpowder is probably the one that came up with the saying about bringing a knife to a gunfight.  ;D