Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: "Husker Du?"  (Read 4199 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
"Husker Du?"
« on: October 29, 2011, 01:07:18 AM »
Does anybody remember those Travis Bean guitars with the koa bodies and aluminum neck through body design? Man those things were heavy as hell. I bought one of of those things back in the day (about 75-ish). Didn't keep it long, 'cause that thing was HEAVY! Shoulder therapy big time. Travis Bean partnered with the dude that eventually founded Kramer Guitars. Mr. Bean sadly passed away this year. RIP.

diaper head

• View Profile
Re: "Husker Du?"
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 12:31:55 PM »
i had a kramer 450G. i loved that guitar. looked exactly like this one:

i'd give all my gear to get that back.

Klaus

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:29:13 AM »
Hi zagatron1

Are you Danish? 

Im asking because Your subject line "Husker du?" is Danish  :)

Im Danish 8)

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
Not even close Klaus, though I do like Danish pastries. But seriously I'm American,  born on the east coast (Originally North Carolina) of the U.S. and currently reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, which includes Maryland and Northern Virginia. Eastern Standard Time (EST). I used the term "Husker du" because there was once commercial on TV (many years ago) about a board game under that name and I remember them saying it meant "Do you remember?". Well, to make a long story short, it kinda stuck with me, so I thought it was appropiate to name my little "article" by that name. I figure the older bunch that played back then might remember the guitars I listed in the first post.

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 12:03:57 PM »
recently one as up for sale on kijiji here.  the price was pretty fair, too.  if i was working, i woulda bought that guitar in a heartbeat.