Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: A good guitar CD you prolly never heard.  (Read 5846 times)

Savvy Sam

A good guitar CD you prolly never heard.
« on: November 06, 2010, 01:19:51 AM »
I wanna know any good guitar CD's that anyone may know of that could be considered "under Rated" or "lesser known". I have a couple that I feel fit that category.

Okay, here goes it:

1. Steve Wariner's "No more Mr. Nice Guy" CD is a really good mix of guitar styles and guest performances. Check it out if you've never heard of it!

2. The Brothers Brooks, featuring Greg and Tim Brooks! A great guitar CD!!! If you dig southern rock, you'll cherish this cd. It is awesome and I love it!

I could think of others but I'd like to see some other recommendations from you guys too.

Hammer on  8)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:33:51 PM by Savvy Sam »

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: A good guitar CD you prolly never heard.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 09:05:32 PM »
I like the Brothers Brooks sample you got there.

Savvy Sam

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 10:23:28 PM »
That Brothers Brooks CD is one that I keep coming back to time and time again. A friend of mine from South Georgia turned me onto it. If you read the Amazon review, Tim states that out of the 220,000 CD's sold they never saw one cent from it...

...how does that happen?

Bathead

• Ra's Al Xuffasch (I think)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 10:36:52 PM »
Technically not a "guitar" album per se, but Cyndi Lauper's "Memphis Blues " has some stellar guitar work by Charles "Skip" Pitts as well as guest stars B.B. King and Johnny Lang.  Just a really good blues album overall. Some who only see her as a "Pop" star might overlook it, that would be a big mistake. She does a teriffic job as well.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:55:18 AM »
Its amazing how you'll find amazing guitar tones in albums you'd never buy.  When I was a kid growing up in a hard rock home, we had a Janet Jackson album that had a song called Black Cat.  Awesome guitar in that song.  No idea what is on the rest of album, we never listened to it...