Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: What Pedals y'all got?  (Read 78403 times)

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What Pedals y'all got?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 03:18:29 PM »
I've had a EH Holy Grail (best reverb out there).  Plus I've had a Ibanez PH7 Phaser (not so good), dunlop crybaby gcb-95, Digitech RP-350, Digitech RP-500, and a Digitech Bad Monkey.  I have a Line 6 Pocket Pod now. Nothing else.  My new amp has a footswitch, so I can change up the tones as needed.  I've also found the controls of the guitar can do a lot too.

So I'm back to having almost nothing, but I do have a Boss ST-2 power stack and a Boss TU-15 tuner running into my Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb (clone).

robert

• Guitar Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »
Dug out my favorite distortion pedal yesterday to use with my Mack Gem.... sweet tone! Gotta record something for ya guys.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 07:57:45 AM »
boss frv-1, boss rc-2, flanger, ds-1, dd-5, tu-3

in a fit of nostalgia, i bought a fuzz face (a used base model, not an endorsee added cost one)

morley bad horsie wah

the looper and reverb are the most used pedals, and probably most useful overall

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »
Now I've added a Delta Labs DD1 delay for lead tones.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 01:05:09 PM »
Now I've added a Delta Labs DD1 delay for lead tones.

How do you like it?

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 01:29:59 PM »
Its not going to give me any U2's Edge delay, but for a hard rock and screamin' blues lead, its killer.  (not to mention cheap!)

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 01:38:06 PM »
I agree, but for the price it's a decent pedal. I use an MXR Carbon Copy, and a Boss DD-3. Love 'em.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 01:55:37 PM »
I was trying to find a decent price on a MXR and Boss DD-3.  But I had a 10% off any item $49.  The DD1 was $59, so I got it for $52 out the door.

Scratch N Sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 01:41:30 PM »
I picked up a Rothwell Tornado overdrive pedal last week end, not used it in anger yet, but at home practice levels it sounds great. Got a pedal train pedal board the other day with the aim of slowly getting a quality set up. The DD3 is next on my list, seen loads on E bay that are not a bad price, with the economic situation there are some good bargains to be had.
Going to need a Wah, but undecided on make yet, suggestions welcome and wanted.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 08:39:52 PM »
i have a morley bad horsie II that i like. it's the only wah i've ever owned, although i did play with that fender 'wah/fuzz' unit once. dint appeal to me-complexity, strange foot movement required (reminds me of stomping out a cigarette when in range country), fuzz wasn't very aggressive.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2011, 08:44:18 AM »
I picked up a Rothwell Tornado overdrive pedal last week end, not used it in anger yet, but at home practice levels it sounds great. Got a pedal train pedal board the other day with the aim of slowly getting a quality set up. The DD3 is next on my list, seen loads on E bay that are not a bad price, with the economic situation there are some good bargains to be had.

Your better off looking on Guitar Center's used gear site.  I've bought several used items from them only to turn a profit by selling it on Ebay.

VikingBlues

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »
What Pedals?

I'm afraid I had to go and look as I couldn't remember them all - that's not good.  :(

Used a lot:-
Artec Blues Overdrive
EHX Nano Holy Grail Reverb (second hand)
Boss FBM-1 Bassman (ex demo)
Vox Tonelab LE (second hand)
Marshall ED-1 Compressor

Korg Pandora Mini (used if playing an electric guitar when an amp or the PC aren't convenient)

Used Occasionally:-
EHX Voicebox (second hand)
Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal (second hand)
Guitar Tech Active Volume Pedal
Akai Headrush Looper / Echo / Delay

Backup:-
Vox Tonelab ST (the LE effectively replaced it)

I don't want to think about the number of pedals that I've had then sold (or guitars for that matter)  ::) but at least I now have the sense to buy a lot of them used so I can sell on without a big drop in price.

Scratch N Sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »

Your better off looking on Guitar Center's used gear site.  I've bought several used items from them only to turn a profit by selling it on Ebay.

Yes thought about that. but the postage to the UK on top can be expensive and not quite sure about the import duty, I've been stung before on a few items!

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 07:47:23 AM »
Sorry about that.  I keep forgetting there are many members here that are not in the U.S.

johannes.maas

• New Dolphinstreet Member!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 12:36:33 PM »
Boss ME 70 - actually wanted the GT 8 but my budget was a bit lower - and I liked the manual adjustments via all those knobs and buttons on the me70.

After having it for 3 weeks I am quite satisfied...