Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Affordable Strat Shopping  (Read 10926 times)

reb

• View Profile
Re: Affordable Strat Shopping
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »
DB, i could not tell you any of the differences of the strats you mentioned earlier without a large layout page comparing dimensions....

what i can tell you i have had one mim strat (a late 90s model-the neck is on a tele nowadays) and i bought this CV 60s strat 'used' from one of the online places....the CV is hands down a better sounding guitar to me. the necks are very similar...but necks when you find a decent body (the old mim body went for $75 to a tinkerer) are easy to find with any dimension in sanity range online. StewMac has all kinds of stuff, and fenders are 'the harleys' of the guitar world...all parts are replaceable except for the engine....and maybe that, too.

i'm not going strat hunting/buying again until i pick one up someplace and it actually speaks to me....:) since i rarely go anywhere, not much chance of that.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Affordable Strat Shopping
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 02:35:27 PM »
Recently, found a really vintage looking strat, warmouth neck w/ Fender decals, vintage tuners and tremolo, checked body, and malmsteen pickups.  They wanted $600 for.  I might talk them down, but we'll see.  It was the first relic'd guitar that looked old, not "worn" as many of the guitar resemble today.  It actually looked like a really old strat.  Very cool, just too pricey for me, even though the neck and pickups alone are valued at that price...