Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Joke Time  (Read 7485 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Joke Time
« on: January 15, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »
Well folks, as you all know, I have this thing I call "Input Time" where I ask your opinion on different things Guitar-wise. Well now I have another I'm calling"Joke time". This is where I stumble accross stuff that might make you laugh, smile and wonder "what's wrong with these people"?  Here's the first installment. First off, anybody that knows guitars will know nobody in their right mind is gonna pay $300 for a Epiphone Les Paul 100. And to make things more interenting, this individual says that the price is "Reduced". As far as I'm concerned, he or she ain't finished reducing! That thing is $249.00 brand new!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/2801421446.html

What a JOKE!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 04:50:27 PM by zagatron1 »

zagatron1

• View Profile
Re: Joke Time
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »
Now folks, here's an example of a decent deal; http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/msg/2800566762.html
You get a Epiphone Les Paul Standard in Heritage Cherry Sunburst, a shoulder strap, soft shell case and a tuner, and a Marshall MGFX15 Amp. All for $250!! Just goes to prove CL can go either way! Now for the dumb question.......... which one would YOU buy?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 05:20:21 PM by zagatron1 »

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 09:32:40 PM »
Neither.... LOL.  But there have been many cases where people don't realize that if you can find a guitar on craigslist, you may be able to find it on a music store website.

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 10:50:02 AM »
epis are ok if you get a good one, but they are short tenon necks.  you can get better guitars for the same money.  my roxbury is only one example of many out there.  there's something happening right now. i'm not sure what will become of it. we are about to see a big shift i think.
every single forum i participate on for guitars and amps is discussing the ridiculous prices to be seen on c/l. they are now the norm rather than the exception.  yeah, there are plenty of low ballers out there.  but the guy selling his zakk wylde bulls eye les paul epi has been asking $790 for a guitar that can be had brand new for about $10 more.  he's had that guitar up for over a year.  you'd think by now he'd figure it out.  but he's one of many i have been seeing for quite a while.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 02:31:10 PM »
I've tried to point that out to people before, but they get all offended and say its worth it... Um, here's a hint, "NO" its not!

diaper head

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »
value is what the market will bear.  not what the sales guy told us it would be when we bought the item  ;D

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 01:36:16 PM »
Neither.... LOL.  But there have been many cases where people don't realize that if you can find a guitar on craigslist, you may be able to find it on a music store website.

The question "Which one would YOU buy?" in the opening post was one of a redunant nature. I believe one would be more likely to find what one wants on CL than in a music store. There's nothing wrong with either one. Basically, it's really whatever floats your boat.

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 07:23:36 AM »
zag, p.t. barnum was alleged to have said, 'There's a sucker born every minute'. (now, that's got down to every 3 seconds, and shortening)

as with so many things, most of us suckers believe barnum said that...maybe not true...

http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html

and so, having been a sucker, and slightly progressed from 'dumb as a box of rocks' to 'can pour pee out of boots with instructions on the heel', i can only wonder at the more simple levels of suckerdom that would pay as much for a used item as a new one.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 11:03:10 AM »
One thing I can say for sure is more guitar players today are better informed than in years past, so I don't think they'll fall for too much. Of course there's always exceptions.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:05:11 AM by zagatron1 »

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 04:21:52 PM »
Howdy folks! I know this is an old thread, but the title seems appropriate for showing this gem while the ad is still active.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/3075041756.html

Now for my take...... this is a joke. Why? Well I didn't know Fender had Custom Shop models (Strats) made in Mexico. Having said that, I guess it would be RARE! If anything, the "Shoreline Gold" color may make it rare. I do believe this axe could be "Custom Shop Designed", like some Classic Player models, which we all know don't make it custom shop material.  I also believe that the pups in this axe are not original. That if anything would bite away at the authenticity factor. At the $1300 asking price, defintely overpriced. Dude is really tryin' hard to get up the dough to buy that high end acoustic guitar.  DB knows what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Play on!

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 06:18:22 PM »
aaaayyyy, mahn....dis iz Pablo. yo soy el jefe de Escobar's Custom Shop!  joo makin' fun ah dee MIM Custom Shop guitars, eh?

i send Pancho to talk wit joo.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 09:31:33 AM »
I think he fat fingered a "1" between the "$" and the "3".