Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Straighten your tie  (Read 2901 times)

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Straighten your tie
« on: January 16, 2012, 09:37:23 AM »
Straighten your tie...

Cables, cables, cables... I now have four cables to monkey with and daisy chain power supplies....

So now, I need to straighten it all up and tie down the cables to keep them secure and neat.

My list of things to do is create a pedal board that holds down the power supply and keeps the cables organized.  From there, put together specific cables that are tied together that serve a purpose of connecting to the Send and Return of the effects loop as well as the wah pedal between the guitar and the input of the amp.  Not to mention, I'm going to order the footswitch for the amp... Lots of cables, and what a rats nest it is today.   My post title should read Straighten up your cables and tie it all down, but its more catchy this way....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:42:31 AM by DetroitBlues »

reb

• View Profile
Re: Straighten your tie
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:29:23 AM »
if you let it, DB, the cable and board thing will make you crazy.

i finally bought a boss 'plastic 3 pedal holder', and force myself to put in or take out what i think i need. i had velcro crawling in my hair in my dreams at one point....gear acquisition syndrome and its attendant corrolaries....'pedal board building insanity' aka 'the hydra'.

i can see a plot for a horror film where the guitar god is sleeping, the cables come alive and tie him up like gulliver....and eventually, the pedals, strings, picks and other paraphenalia torture him to write a song. eeeeee!