Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Inexpensive Pedals  (Read 13317 times)

reb

• View Profile
Re: Inexpensive Pedals
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 09:13:21 AM »
a money bags, an elitist or just a control freak....

some of the characters on the internet are like some of the characters in business. they want everyone to march to their step, bow their heads and say 'yessir, yessir, three bags full'.

here's what i say....how many of these tyrants have anything that sounds good out in the music community? i just read an interview with brent mason...now, if he says something is good, i might believe him. but some hurdy gurdy on the net? nah...gotta see for myself.  there is this, too....american handgunner at the back page (i think it is march/april issue) has an article by john taffin. taffin talks about some of the info on the net being dangerous in reloading....in guitars, you probably are not going to get killed (unless you get shorted by a mic onstage-that hurts!). in other things, the partly knowledgeable but adamant may get you hurt. human nature is a funny thing.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 09:20:41 AM »
Try complaining on Gibson's forum about quality control...

reb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 05:38:34 PM »
i wouldn't normally do that, DB. i'd vote with my feet and pocket book (and have). most companies don't understand comments on forums; they understand lost market share.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 09:07:23 AM »
To which Gibson isn't suffering.

zagatron1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 08:43:19 PM »
Also, let us not forget that some of these top shelf pedals (especially the ones of the $399 variety with tubes in 'em) are actually pre-amps, so you can use 'em as pedals, direct boxes etc. so I guess that's another factor that drives up cost.

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »
A friend has three of these funky Soldano pedals.  They are huge, but they are actually tube preamp pedals...