Want to learn jazz?

Have you seen my latest Blues Course - Slow 60 Blues?

Author Topic: Fender Modern Player Series  (Read 3133 times)

zagatron1

• View Profile
Fender Modern Player Series
« on: January 23, 2012, 01:03:28 PM »
Has anybody seen any of these yet? Nice lookin' axes if I do say so myself. The PRIMOs are already lookin' down their noses 'cause these are made in China and they have the Fender spaghetti logo. Some are already sayin' that they are Squier CV guitars with the Fender name on them. Give 'em an axe with the "Fender" name on it and they still whine. I'm glad I don't even bother with those other forums anymore. Anyway, check 'em out if you haven't already.
Pretty nice, and can't beat the price!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/marketing/promotionLanding.jsp?pageName=fender-modern-player

I don't care where it's made, as long as it's decent and I have something TO play, 'cause I love the instrument and I love to play.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:06:58 PM by zagatron1 »

DetroitBlues

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fender Modern Player Series
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:11:43 PM »
I've seen them, they are decent guitars.  But that is exactly right.  Made side by side with Squiers sans the namesake....  But don't let that take away from what is otherwise a fine looking and playing instrument.

reb

• View Profile
Re: Fender Modern Player Series
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:49:36 PM »
they look pretty good to me. i'm still finding all the nooks and crannies in my Hag, though. just not enough time or money to do it all....

if i pick up my squier cv 60s strat, the only thing i've ever been able to find on it that is 'not right' is the low e is a little close to the edge of the board. otherwise, it plays like any strat i've ever handled-if there was one that'd make me sound like bonymassa, beck or jimmy paige, i might've started saving.  a rose is a rose by any other name...